Power fold mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't have a manual and looked online. How Do I know if I have power fold mirrors? I believe I have an LT3 trim z71. Power fold seats litigate ect.

sent from my thunderbolt

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the drivers side door you should have various controls. Right below the power mirror and close to the power lock button should be a power folding mirror button. It'll have small animations of the mirror on it.

OP
OP
T

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome I find new gadgets every day !
sent from my thunderbolt

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do you have the power folding mirrors?

OP
OP
T

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I'm away from it right now but here is a pic of it.

sent from my thunderbolt

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1306569613529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1306569613529.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
T

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just got home definitely power folding. I could only get the passenger side to fold. The driver side makes a motor sound and doesn't move. Hmmm I assume button on left brings them out and button on right sucks them in? Should I try to force driver side closed since it isn't moving.

sent from my thunderbolt

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the motor on that driver side is done. Did you get a warranty with your purchase?

SLT Kon-Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the problem with the mirrors not folding at one time, it's been quite a while ago, but the way I fixed the problem was to manually fold the mirror all the way in and then back out to the lock position, haven't had the problem again, this is the solution in the manual if I'm not mistaken, plus I've had other vehicles with power fold mirrors and this was how to correct the problem. Hope it works for you.

OP
OP
T

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx ill try it. No warranty yet to many miles need aftermarket one.
sent from my thunderbolt

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
power fold mirrors are great till they go haywire...someone in the tundra forums had done the same thing a while back, pushed it in manually and it finally "caught" except when it went back out, the next fold back in it got jammed and then jumped "very quickly" and smacked the door and busted the mirror.....so the owner said hahaaha we never believed him. neither did the dealer.

wish we had folding mirrors. perhaps our next one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats