SPEED LIMITED TO 88 M/H

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Tahoe ltz will not exceed 88 m/hours. Spark plugs have been changed, transmission gear oil also has been changed. Cruising speed smoth and normal.

What do you think the problem is?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no error or check engine indication.
I would still have it scanned (body code scanner) obd most likely will not pick it up, the suspension system is what causes the limit as a safety catch.
is the suspension stock? has anything ever been changed?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a 17 Silverado. I was talking to him and said they went hunting and his wife got bit by a rattlesnake. He had to drive her to the ER and found out his truck has a speed limiter set at like 98 MPH...

Luckily, they got there quickly and they gave her some sort of shot.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a 17 Silverado. I was talking to him and said they went hunting and his wife got bit by a rattlesnake. He had to drive her to the ER and found out his truck has a speed limiter set at like 98 MPH...

Luckily, they got there quickly and they gave her some sort of shot.
that's different. the 88 limit is a safety limit when there is a suspension fault, they only started doing that on the k2'xx. It has came up several times

OP
OP
M

MRV1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just google the issue, it has come up many times it's related to MRC magnetic ride control
I googled the issue and MRC, and I couldn't find out if speed limitation is related to MRC failure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I googled the issue and MRC, and I couldn't find out if speed limitation is related to MRC failure.
it is, either it needs to be recalibrated or there is a active code, this type of code will not cause a check engine light, but may come up as a message in the dic, such as "service suspension system" or if you replaced the shocks with aftermarket and did not use a delete kit or the delete kit has failed.
again this has come up a number of times and it is directly related to the suspension, it could always be something else no one has reported otherwise in years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A