Post your lifts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me, but I am looking at getting an air setup as well, to deal with the squat I get when my truck is loaded.
I had the RiteRite bags on the Denali. Even with the auto ride it was struggling to level out the truck with a load on it. Bag kits are pretty cheap for these truck. I also have train horns from my old truck that I would like to have hooked up as well.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(I already posted this in the "what did you do to your NBS today?" thread but I wanted to get it here for those who might be looking to do a similar lift. Vehicle is a 2004 Suburban LT 4x4, non-autoride.)

Finally got my lift done! I decided to go with a basic set of keys up front, Z71 springs in the rear rather than a spacer (my Suburban is an LT so the Z71s are taller), Bilstien 5100's all around and just to be on the safe side, new sway bar end links up front.

A friend from another board (Expedition Portal) came over on the weekend of 9/24 to help me install the kit. We got the rear end done in less than 2 hours, moved on to the front. Got the shocks and sway bar ends but could NOT get the T-bar keys out no matter what we did! I should point out my truck spent its first 8 years in Wisconsin and has some pretty significant surface rust. Apparently the keys were rusted to the bars.

So, I threw in the towel and took it to a shop. They ended up putting it on the lift and using an air hammer (and lots of PB blaster) and finally got them loose. Since there was so much rust I went ahead and replaced the bolts and the nuts (retaining plate) for the T-bar keys as well.

I took measurements before and after. Before measurements were about 35" at the front fenders, 36.5" at the back and 13.5" at the bottom of the trailer hitch.

After measurements were 37" front, 38" rear and almost 15" at the hitch.

Before:

before%2001_zpsgjfsntdy.jpg

After:

after%2003_zpsksvibwyq.jpg

I haven't got the alignment yet, I want to make sure the keys are exactly where I want them before I do that. Now that my lift is on I can consider tires. I had been thinking about 285/75/16's (I have a set of 16" "cyclone" wheels) but with as much lift as I have now I'm considering maybe even 295's.

EDITED TO ADD: For those interested, here is a side by side comparison of the components: LT vs Z71 springs:

2016_0924_144612AA_zps9qpnstr3.jpg

Factory rear shocks vs Bilstien 5100s:

2016_0924_145436AA_zpsl1t4a2ny.jpg

Didn't get a photo of the front shocks, unfortunately. They were in pretty bad shape! Replaced those with Bilstiens as well.

Last edited:

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Martinjimpr, what keys and end links did you go with?

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ynot411