Polysteel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctalison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting a '23 Yukon Denali with light teak interior. Obviously a concern with light interior is staining, especially with two kids. They offer the Polysteel protection on the outside and inside for $995 with 10 year warranty. Has anyone done this and happy they did? Debating between that or going to a 3rd party after purchase to do it if this products isnt worth it.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of polysteel interior protection, or exterior for that matter, but if the dealer is offering it it will be overpriced, poorly anpplied, and probably not a great product.

Get a good detailer to ceramic coat the exterior and use this in the interior and you’re good to go: https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/cquartz-leather-2-0-30ml-kit/

Whatever you do tell the manager ‘do not wash’ at delivery … dealers do more damage to the paint than your kids ever will.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems as though dealerships are always pushing "the latest and greatest " new protection scam. HUGE profit margin. I fell for it years back on my 2005 Duramax truck. I can say for certainty it DID NOT last longer than a good wax job.

I agree with @soulsea 100%. Or, just save the money and have it detailed once a year from a reputable guy with good wax. Or wax it yourself on a Sunday with some cold brews.

OP
OP
C

ctalison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of polysteel interior protection, or exterior for that matter, but if the dealer is offering it it will be overpriced, poorly anpplied, and probably not a great product.

Get a good detailer to ceramic coat the exterior and use this in the interior and you’re good to go: https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/cquartz-leather-2-0-30ml-kit/

Whatever you do tell the manager ‘do not wash’ at delivery … dealers do more damage to the paint than your kids ever will.
Appreciate the information. I did contact someone who said they could do the interior for $300 and exterior for $1,800. Going to check other places and the product you mention to potentially do the inside myself. Thanks

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
A ceramic coating done by a good detailer is what you want I’ve never heard of the poly steel either but I’m one of those guys who says to avoid dealers at all costs.
My buddy’s got around 2-3 years on his last ceramic coating and it made cleaning and keeping the truck clean almost effortless and was well worth the money if you got it to burn.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting a '23 Yukon Denali with light teak interior. Obviously a concern with light interior is staining, especially with two kids. They offer the Polysteel protection on the outside and inside for $995 with 10 year warranty. Has anyone done this and happy they did? Debating between that or going to a 3rd party after purchase to do it if this products isnt worth it.

Jeebus. I guess now that consumers have caught on to their usual names for the ubiquitous "environmental protection package" scams, they just changed the name again. Different lipstick, same pig.

cleancut41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have heard of this and purchased it for a couple of my new GM full sized SUVs. I think that the product is good but the key is the application. My wife was working at a dealership but had a guy from a different, but same owner dealership, apply the product. All good. I did get it at a reduced price so my risk wasn't as big. I would buy it again. The exterior effects are just as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts