Plastidip Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yooks11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about plastidipping my grill on a 2008 Denali but have some concerns with the PD going through the grill into the radiator. Has anyone done this before and, if so, did you have to cover the radiator or anything behind the lower grill?

Thanks in advance!

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take the grille out completely to avoid overspray on the truck and radiator. If you don't take it out I would def put some plastic or cardboard behind the grille to catch the overspray.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take the grille out completely to avoid overspray on the truck and radiator. If you don't take it out I would def put some plastic or cardboard behind the grille to catch the overspray.

x2

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuck a towel behind it and also used painters tape around the grille to avoid overspray. Turned out perfect and didn't even take the grille off :)

OP
OP
Y

yooks11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuck a towel behind it and also used painters tape around the grille to avoid overspray. Turned out perfect and didn't even take the grille off :)

Wonder how the towel worked - did you drape it behind the grill and over the radiator somehow?

Did you do the upper and lower grill? If so, how many cans did you use?

Got any pics of the process? Or of the grill?

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder how the towel worked - did you drape it behind the grill and over the radiator somehow?

Did you do the upper and lower grill? If so, how many cans did you use?

Got any pics of the process? Or of the grill?

Towel worked out great. Just stuff it behind the grille and your good to go. I did about 5-6 coats....so maybe 2 cans max.

I watched this video and got some tips before i did mine. You DON'T want to put the tape right on the edge of the grille. you actually do want to spray about a 1/2 inch onto the paint. This way it is easy to peel it off and you have a nice edge. Sorry....don't have any pics of the process or after i was done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtkVePX_0

OP
OP
Y

yooks11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towel worked out great. Just stuff it behind the grille and your good to go. I did about 5-6 coats....so maybe 2 cans max.

I watched this video and got some tips before i did mine. You DON'T want to put the tape right on the edge of the grille. you actually do want to spray about a 1/2 inch onto the paint. This way it is easy to peel it off and you have a nice edge. Sorry....don't have any pics of the process or after i was done.

5-6 coats on each grill (upper and lower)?

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score

Pics of the final finished product??

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
su2y2u7e.jpg
3urepe9a.jpg

PD is some tough stuff it survived a direct hit with a turkey vulcher at about 70mph in the top driver side of the grille. Put a softball size dent in the hood and knocked off the M in the GMC but nothing wrong with the PD.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
How about the turkey? what happened to the turkey? is the turkey ok? Poor turkey! LOL

Looks good!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts