Rigid SAE Fog Lights as DRLs (23 Denali)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
Hello everyone: I’d like to add a pair of Rigid SRM or Dually SAE Fog Light to the front of my GFs 2023 Denali. Can someone point me to a link that may help me disassemble the lower grill area so that I can see how easily it would be to mount them in the very bottom center grill above the lower valance? It looks like a perfect place to mount them. I’d like to add a set of Amber, which we have on all of our other vehicles, as DRL’s and as enhanced lights at night.

And while I am asking, any threads on how to aim the factory fog lights higher? GMC has done a nice job “sealing” the wheel wells and underneath with plastics. Thanks in advance.

jgraves

Reaction score
I watched one of M&R Automotive's videos before pulling the grill on my AT4 to install Dually XL lights. https://www.youtube.com/@MandRautomotive

Wheel liner removal isn't too complicated (just time consuming) and can be done without removing the wheels and gives access to the fog lights. I never looked too closely at the housings / mounts as I wasn't trying to modify the factory fogs.

OP
OP
BobHolthaus

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
I watched one of M&R Automotive's videos before pulling the grill on my AT4 to install Dually XL lights. https://www.youtube.com/@MandRautomotive

Wheel liner removal isn't too complicated (just time consuming) and can be done without removing the wheels and gives access to the fog lights. I never looked too closely at the housings / mounts as I wasn't trying to modify the factory fogs.
Thank you for this. Do you have pics of your install and how you did it by chance? Thank you!

jgraves

Reaction score
I only have this photo. I fabricated a couple "Z" shaped brackets from 1/8" wall square tube and screwed into the lower grill support with self tapping sheet metal screws. I would have preferred a more robust attachment (such as rivnuts) but they've held up fine for 1500 miles.

IMG_4553.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BobHolthaus

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
I only have this photo. I fabricated a couple "Z" shaped brackets from 1/8" wall square tube and screwed into the lower grill support with self tapping sheet metal screws. I would have preferred a more robust attachment (such as rivnuts) but they've held up fine for 1500 miles.

View attachment 417092
Thank you for the pic. Any chance you'd be willing to take a daytime shot of the front end with grill on, one with the lights off, and one with the lights on? Did you wire these into your high beams, or just to a switch? Thank you for sending this, and the videos of the guys with the light bars. I watched those last night.

jgraves

Reaction score
They're just wired to a switch temporarily. I haven't decided how to tap the high beam signal yet, and was pressed for time when installing these. I tapped the high beam fuse on my old truck and have a CANswitch on my motorcycle, neither are applicable to the new Yukon.

I'll try to grab a couple more photos in the next few days.

jgraves

Reaction score
These are driving pattern, reach without the amber covers is about the same as the factory high beams, a bit less with the covers installed. I aligned them with the grill support so they point to the side slightly. They are a much broader and taller pattern than the headlights, which is great for illuminating wildlife in the ditch and fields along the road, and also the other side of a valley, etc. I find the amber provides better illumination on wet roads and less glare from road signs. Even with the amber covers, they are not friendly to oncoming traffic, so I only run them where I'm unlikely to encounter other traffic.

OP
OP
BobHolthaus

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
I am a 15 year customer of Rigid Industries (I’m also a dealer, but don’t sell much; just have a dealership because of my business). I love their products. I am a Jeeper and use Rigid’s
On my 2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel. I love the light output and the spread. I think yours are a perfect light for what you described. Now the challenge to tackle the high beam tap so that you can optionally have them triggered by the high beams. Any idea where you can tap a lead? I’m a 12v ninja if you need any help (well, traditional 12v, not a CANBUS techie).

Thank you for taking the time to share all of your info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar