Plasti Dippin' my rims tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, I sprayed gloss on them. Looks much better in the pics Imo. Doesn't look too bad tho.
Before
View attachment 79357
AfterView attachment 79358What do you guys think? Worth it?
Looks good. Id gloss mine but then id have to gloss everything else too, and tho its hard to see from the pics the sapphire metallic has a shine to it, not like a gloss but a shine.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there anything u can put on plastidip rims to harden it to avoid scratches and scuffs?

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldnt have any trouble with it, if so just touch them up, have you done them yet?

okay cool guess ill keep some in the truck at all times in case lol i gotta take some update pics for yall i havent done he wheels yet, i did the trims and the grille. shes looking very sexy but needs some nice black shoes lol

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything i wanted painted is done. 7 layers of matte on the rims, 2 layers of satinizer on top of it. everything else is 5 layers of black plasti dip.

truck painted.jpg

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
everything i wanted painted is done. 7 layers of matte on the rims, 2 layers of satinizer on top of it. everything else is 5 layers of black plasti dip.

View attachment 79650
Wasnt too hard was it? Turned out great, i have the exact same rims. IMO those rims black at least look better than the alloy. Should hit the valance too tho.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

View attachment 79650
Why dosent anyone do the bumpers, I don't understand. Wanting to get rid of the chrome is the point right? You and @Tonyrodz drive me crazy with your chrome bumpers lol.
I did my bumper and grey lower valance at the same time. Both holding strong after 2 years. I thought for sure the valance would start peeling being plastic and it flexes, but it's holding on tight. And the black valance looks 100x better than the grey imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz