Pistol placement...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 5.11 backpack with a special pocket designed for a holster. I usually keep it on my front seat within easy reach, one quick zip, pop the button and it's out. I'm a big guy, so on my hip is not really an option for any distance, it's not comfortable at all. Keeping it in my bag is the perfect compromise.

DStarr02

Reaction score
I like the idea, it looks too close to the console. May be just the angle of the picture though.

I've been debating about one of these.
https://madhousedesign.com/gun-control-system/

Gurrzt,
Wow, easy killer. Please explain why you feel this way?

I kind of worry about a mounting system like this, with a rod up the barrel, if something happens and your adrenaline causes a squeeze instead of grip, now you have a small explosion not just a bullet hopefully missing anything important.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of worry about a mounting system like this, with a rod up the barrel, if something happens and your adrenaline causes a squeeze instead of grip, now you have a small explosion not just a bullet hopefully missing anything important.

Very good point and the reason for such a long debate on whether or not to purchase this particular style.

DStarr02

Reaction score
I just use the center console angled towards the right rear door for ease of access, and only when driving highway for over an hour, full size 1911 just isn't that comfortable or easy to access wedged up against the seat belt buckle. I had looked into the one that mounts under the steering column flat using either an open holster or something like a sneaky Pete where all anyone sees is a pouch but has fast easy accessibility.

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a concealed carry and have been pulled over before and told the officer I had my concealed carry out of habit. This day I didn't have my firearm on me and the officer asked me why I would have a conceal carry and not have a firearm on me. They don't care if you have one as long as it legal. In fact they prefer you to have it.

usnret

Reaction score
I carry my Officers .45 in a inside waistband holster that fits on my hipbone. Seatbelt doesn't interfere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645