Pistol placement...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry a glock 41 and I just mounted a custom holster to the door pannel. As a side benifit, it keeps me from putting junk in my lower door poket. It's easy enough to get too. And nobody can really see it from outside the drivers door.

OP
OP
James2012yukonXl

James2012yukonXl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I been stopped by cops a few times and never had an issue with it, when I stopped I keep hands visible and inform them. As a matter of fact I haven't even had them ask me to remove myself or firearm from the vehicle.
To answer falling off on a bumping road, no, not even shifted and I drive down alot of "rig board" roads for work to different locations. Those go-magnets are amazing and coated so it does not affect the finish of the firearm.
To answer placement I chose there, as opposed to under the steering wheel, one according to a couple of my leo buddies said it's smarter for being stopped if it is more visible. The biggest reason is entering and exiting the vehicle my leg hits it too much, does not knock off just annoying.
I mounted it closer to center console so it was not rubbing but had enough room to slide my hand down quick enough for a draw. I have always drove with a conceal in center console until I had a tax leach attempt to rob me at a red light. My quickest draw item was a screw driver sitting in console at the time. With this in worse case I can draw while leaning and start sending rounds down range while attempting to lean into better cover. If I had not had a screw driver in cup holder of console, and been trying to get into console I could have easily been hit a couple times before I reached my firearm.
Everyone has their preference, this is mine and the reasoning. I also keep an extra clip in my molly webbing of sun visor and in the webbing attached to the top of my center console as well.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry a glock 41 and I just mounted a custom holster to the door pannel. As a side benifit, it keeps me from putting junk in my lower door poket. It's easy enough to get too. And nobody can really see it from outside the drivers door.

The only reason i dont like it there, it has the possibility of being out of reach if the door is grabbed and swung open.

I prefer it to be between the seat and console.. but yeah to each their own haha.

Gurrzt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California - where GOD and the sun always shines
Only an idiot would mount a loaded pistol that way in the vehicle, do you have the safety engaged? or is it a Glock? I especially appreciate how it is pointing right at your foot on the accelerator. Way to go Kunta Kinte :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas