Pistol placement...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James2012yukonXl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1490285875978598253141.jpg
Here is mine, done with a simple go magnet. I like its not holster specific because depending on the day, what I'm wearing or going I carry something different. What have others done?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm different. I believe that there are three places for a pistol: in a holster on my person, in my hand, or in a secured in a safe, so I'd never mount a pistol in a car.

OP
OP
James2012yukonXl

James2012yukonXl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm different. I believe that there are three places for a pistol: in a holster on my person, in my hand, or in a secured in a safe, so I'd never mount a pistol in a car.

When I'm not in the truck its on my person, but theres alot of times I drive long distance and ratger it there rhan on my hip.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I'm not in the truck its on my person, but theres alot of times I drive long distance and ratger it there rhan on my hip.

Same here, after awhile it gets really uncomfortable driving into my side haha.

Mine sits in the center console, but im gonna rig up something close to what you have except itll be more under the steering wheel

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not going to fall off , on big bumps & such in road?

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carrying it in a visible place where it "could" be seen if you're pulled over puts you in a potentially compromised and dangerous situation with law authorities. To me, NOT worth the aggravation. Mine goes in my center console, and insurance/registration documents goes in the glove box.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carrying it in a visible place where it "could" be seen if you're pulled over puts you in a potentially compromised and dangerous situation with law authorities. To me, NOT worth the aggravation. Mine goes in my center console, and insurance/registration documents goes in the glove box.

Yes and no.. im not disagreeing with you, cause that definitely could cause unneeded stress, just needs to be aware of his hands and not fiddling around too much. On the other hand if he needs it he'll get to it quicker then you and i since they're in the console haha..

Up here the majority of the leos are cool with it as long as your open about it and keep your hands where they can see at all times. Sht ive had one ask me what i carry when i was walking to my truck cause the wind blew my jacket open enough for him to catch a glimpse of it. Ha..

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just keep mine on my hip. If something were to go down, I would instintively reach for my hip.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep mine in a holster between the sun visors. Its mounted to the small one, once closed it holds great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep