PICS 00-06 3/5.5 another satisfied customer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony I've had this conversation with you before. My issue is since DJM the Mega million dollar manufacturer of lowering suspensions that they are why haven't they done more RD to correct their shit spring rates? You're using their TB springs right? If its the end all be all why haven't they changed the kit components?

they are happy with their spring rates and ive been the only one for years to use the tb coils on these trucks and im pretty cool with the guys there since i cnc the djm a arms now for the trailblazers :) so its a respect thing they want to keep their kits as they are and they are happy to shoot people my way on the tb springs since they still respect the little guy which many other companies dont.

Im using their tb springs and now make my own springs which i will be selling here. hands down the spring rates on the tb springs is much better and they will not realease the rates neither will I on my custom springs I specd out since anyone can copy it which has happened before.

All the kits ive been selling for years ive been using the rear djm tb spring and you can only get the spring as a entire kit with the trailblazer 2/4 kit but due my extensive trailblazer suspension knowledge also on these tahoes I'm the only one who can get the spring by itself.

Like i told people when i got on here if your going to get a rear 5 inch drop spring the TB 4 inch coils are by far the best riding but djm will send you my way if you ask them about it since ive been doing that set up for years

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will give you credit you have aggressive marketing pretty much down pat. There isn't a post on here where you can possibly promote yourself or what you have to offer that you don't seize the opportunity to do so like a Mike Vicky pitbull on a Chihuahua. The thread I started about what works for me has prompted 3 people to PM me. All three have said they wanted someone's opinion that has had first hand experience and nothing to gain. Then reference you. Another thing, I've talked to you a couple times and you are extremely knowledgeable and seem genuine. But online your constant reference to your special relationship and tooting your own horn is a turn off to prospective buyers. Oddly enough it is only here that you do it. Not tbssowners.com or performancetrucks.net

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I kinda get what Steven is saying, these DJM TB springs are getting to much "publicity" from Tony and it makes him look desperate to push that stuff.
To me, I have a hard time seeing those springs ride better than the Belltech springs, being that DJM just pushes BS into the drop market that rides like shit, or wears through parts way to quick (like their control arms).
I do know those TB springs may sit lower, but ride better, i'm skeptical.
The Bell 5305 springs I have ride real good for a dropped truck on 26s with no free travel mod.
Another thing is nobody on here has gone from the 5305 to the TB spring and actually posted about it riding better. And even if someone does post such a review one day, the free travel mod should have been done while they ran the 5305 springs, and not just when they got the TB springs, because that alone can make a truck ride WAY better.

Lastly, half the time Tony you don't mention to run the TB springs the free travel mod is a must, you just mention the springs, shocks and rear hardware kit (which is the only thing DJM makes for these trucks that I give respect.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will give you credit you have aggressive marketing pretty much down pat. There isn't a post on here where you can possibly promote yourself or what you have to offer that you don't seize the opportunity to do so like a Mike Vicky pitbull on a Chihuahua. The thread I started about what works for me has prompted 3 people to PM me. All three have said they wanted someone's opinion that has had first hand experience and nothing to gain. Then reference you. Another thing, I've talked to you a couple times and you are extremely knowledgeable and seem genuine. But online your constant reference to your special relationship and tooting your own horn is a turn off to prospective buyers. Oddly enough it is only here that you do it. Not tbssowners.com or performancetrucks.net

not a vendor on performancetrucks so cant say that there and everyone knows me on tbssowners.com im upfront with everything and understand what your saying but i sell both belltech and djm and for those that wanted a slammed rear the tb coils ride better than the belltechs. Ive done the swap on many trucks. im putting a new post up now also on my custom springs i just tested on a members truck here and he has the tb djm coils and loves the ride.

Im just trying to help people make a good decision and if they are spending the money the tb rear coils ride better but if they want the belltech coil i have no problem selling them that one also.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I kinda get what Steven is saying, these DJM TB springs are getting to much "publicity" from Tony and it makes him look desperate to push that stuff.
To me, I have a hard time seeing those springs ride better than the Belltech springs, being that DJM just pushes BS into the drop market that rides like shit, or wears through parts way to quick (like their control arms).
I do know those TB springs may sit lower, but ride better, i'm skeptical.
The Bell 5305 springs I have ride real good for a dropped truck on 26s with no free travel mod.
Another thing is nobody on here has gone from the 5305 to the TB spring and actually posted about it riding better. And even if someone does post such a review one day, the free travel mod should have been done while they ran the 5305 springs, and not just when they got the TB springs, because that alone can make a truck ride WAY better.

Lastly, half the time Tony you don't mention to run the TB springs the free travel mod is a must, you just mention the springs, shocks and rear hardware kit (which is the only thing DJM makes for these trucks that I give respect.

ive done both the belltech springs 5305 and swapped for the tb rear coils and its a better ride. You only have the 5305 if your happy thats all that matters. the 5305 is a great coil but i do like the tb rear 4 inch coil and remember i sell both rear springs not just djm

If you want a customers email its a older lady that had the 5305 coils in her tahoe and went to the tb rear 4 inch coils and she loves the ride. pm me and ill send you tammys email and she wanted a better ride and i told her about the springs I had. Swapped em into her truck in 15 minutes she went around the block and loved em.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I would be able to run those, but I really can't with 26s because I don't want to damage my quarter panels or tires. If I had 24s, I would have tried these a long time ago.
And Tony i'm not trying to look like i'm bashing you, just stating my facts. I have bought from you before and it was a good experience.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
also guys maybe im coming off the wrong way on here. feel free to call me and you guys know im allways around like on any site i advertise on. 24/7

modded its all good man im not knocking yah either

People will stick to the 5305 coils and they are good but if someone came to me lookign for a fresh drop 5 inch plus and keep a good ride ill shoot them to the tb djm 4 inch coils. Ive been using these springs since 2002 when djm came out with the trailblazer kit and on now 8 years plus ive never had 1 person complain and ive installed well over 200 kits here locally of this rear spring and sold numerous more online. Any many people here have the tb rear coils and not one person has come and said ride was bad where as the tahoe djm 3 inch coil people have said was stiff which we have seen posted.

btw for those that dont want a 5 inch drop i run the djm tb coil with the belltech 1 inch spacer and works out great.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will give you credit you have aggressive marketing pretty much down pat. There isn't a post on here where you can possibly promote yourself or what you have to offer that you don't seize the opportunity to do so like a Mike Vicky pitbull on a Chihuahua.

I will agree with the marketing thing 100%. There isnt a post that doesnt say ive used the TBSS coils and is hands down the best riding 5" drop out there. Other information, other than that is greatly appreciated in the posts. You have helped me out tremendously on my questions and i havent bought anything. Greatly appreciated info, but like steven says, i think all you do is push the product. As steven said, it turns prospective customers away, im one of the leery ones. Im sure all of us know what you think of the coils and the ride and your 80yr old customers. And on that, ride comfort is all independent, to me dont matter if your 80 or 16. Its all personal preference.

also guys maybe im coming off the wrong way on here. feel free to call me and you guys know im allways around like on any site i advertise on. 24/7

In no way im a bashing either, no way at all. Just in researching and reading the suspension threads, i always see tbss rides the best hands down, gets annoying. Sometimes it has nothing to do w/ the original post. I would just say limit it a little.

Just my little input, take it as you will. But in no way im i bashing tony, or anyone, just knowing that every post has to deal w/ tbss coils, gets redundant. Your very knowledgeable and id like to see your insight on alot of the guys questions on here. :Handshake:

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no prob and point taken and if its a new guy i allways talk about the tb coils because the new guys that sign up dont know anything about the coils but those who are here know about them and read that and seems redundant but to a new person it doesn't.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand about the new guys not knowing about the tbss springs.

Thanks for not killing me. Dont mean to be negative in any way. I just enjoy reading your knowledge on the suspension. And your new springs look very good.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nah its all good if someone asks about a rear drop spring ill just shoot em a link to my store page and if they have questions they can ask that seems fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM