Picked up a Z71 Midnight Edition!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgsntth

Reaction score
Cannot believe that it comes stock with the Duratracs - nice. I really like the side steps over the ones that came on my 2016 Z71, and the lack of chrome. Even though the color black would have meant a lot more play time with my orbital buffer and anvil hedge clippers, I'm sure I would have gone with a Midnight edition if I were buying now - well bought!

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish this version was around when I bought mine. Although still don't get how they didn't black out all the chrome when calling it a midnight edition...

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BobDobalina

Reaction score
Cannot believe that it comes stock with the Duratracs - nice. I really like the side steps over the ones that came on my 2016 Z71, and the lack of chrome. Even though the color black would have meant a lot more play time with my orbital buffer and anvil hedge clippers, I'm sure I would have gone with a Midnight edition if I were buying now - well bought!

Yea that was pretty cool. If I bought a Z71 I would have spent 1000 to 1200 on AT tires after I bought it anyway. Love hiw this was optioned. All it had was midnight z71 pkg (2600) and a sunroof. No rear entertainment or captains chairs or any other packages. Kept the price acceptable. Last night I found a lever that allows telescoping steeribg wheel adjustment. Please dont tell me my 16 Yukon SLE had that too!!! I never knew. I thought you had to buy power tilt pkg for that. Im 6ft3 with long legs so need it to come out. Made a huge difference. I'm very happy with this Tahoe

BlessedHellRide

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice choice. I got a 2016 Black Z71 without any options including the sunroof. Just makes it more utilitarian. How is the road noise with the duratecs. I love the Wrangler RSA, very quite and composed ride.

BlessedHellRide

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20170305_194858-jpg.76025
How did you get the off road option to come up? Is this a new feature for 2017?

OP
OP
B

BobDobalina

Reaction score
If you have the 2 speed transfer case (which you do with your Z71) just go into the settings menu and select it. It's not selected from factory. My 16 Yukon SLE 4wd with 2 speed TC had it as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157