Pick Ups/Tahoe Rear Disc Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another question, do you need any proportioning valve or anything if you go from drum to disc? haven't done a whole lot of research on that subject, was just curious.

If I recall correctly, when I was doing research to prepare my truck for rear discs, you can push some of the brake bias to the rear to get those new discs to help you stop better by changing some values in the EBCM.

Since my ABS didn't work anyway due to a bad speed sensor (and I didn't really want antilock brakes when I was running through the woods) I ended up taking out the EBCM and replacing it with an adjustable proportioning valve that I bought at Summit Racing. I haven't got around to putting the rear discs on yet but being able to put more braking bias to the rear does help my stopping ability.

I'm not sure how much added stopping benefit would be had by replacing the drum brakes with discs and not changing the bias since it is the front brakes that do most of the stopping.

Of course I would much rather work on disc brakes than drum.

magnahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy one but two problems...

No spare cash

I live in MA no E-brake= no sticker

OP
OP

305Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry no response on some prior post..
Just got back from SeaWorld as wife took me away for the weekend for my B-Day..

Will have complete update by end of this week... with LOTS OF PICS>...

Reaction score
hey Guys im just about done with the Rear disc conversions .Compatible with GM 1988-1999 4x4 pickups and 1990-1996 4x4 SUV's with light duty six lug rear ends and 10" drums. It will work on both 1/2 ton GM corporate 10 bolt rears with six lug axles and light duty 3/4 ton 12 bolt rears with six lug axles

as of now the Kit is as Follows

2 New Disc Mounting Brackets
2 New Rotors (11.6")
1 New set of pads
2 Used Calipers
2 Used Caliper Brackets
2 Used Brake Lines
All Mounting Hardware needed for Conversion

At this time ALL kits are for Use with NO E Brake Cable, im trying to find an Alternate Caliper as Most Kits Sold out there Use older style El Dorado Calipers wich I dont Personally like..

AS you all may know there is some Kits out there For Sale , so to Keep up with them I will OFFER 90 Day warranty on ALL USED PARTS>..Including Postage

total Shipped to anywhere in the Continental USA $349

<><<><><><><>
Julio: Is this kit still for sale? I'm interested!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157