Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

breed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'm new to buying parts for my 07 Denialli, I have just under 80K and have just recently replaced the pads turned the rotors. their has been a wining sound for a few months which i thought might be a wheel bearing, then all of a sudden an awfull clunking noise. So bad i coudln't drive down the street and had it it towed. The Stealership calls and says they replace my right front wheel bearing still under the 5/100k warrenty. and then tells me that my inner tie rod and rack assembly are bad. I just had the wheels of when replacing the brakes two weeks ago and I would have thought this would have come to my attention. I haven't yet jacked the truck back up to confirm, but I'm not certain I believe him as there does not seem to be any signs of this. My question for this forum is can a bad wheel bearing affect the inner tie rod and rack? Where is a good website to buy oem parts under the stealership prices as i'm going to need tires soon and i'd like to replace this and then drive it to a tire shop for tires and alignment. how do i test the rack?

awray

Reaction score
Check Rock Auto. They carry AC Delco parts. They may not have the OEM version of everything, but they have plenty of options. Rock Auto also ships same day or next day.

I have bought 2 things from GMpartsdirect.com and they have OEM stuff at great prices, but their shipping is SLOOOOOOOOW. Took about 2 weeks to get to my house, 90 miles from their location. If you have to have OEM and have plenty of time, GMpartsdirect.com is great. Rock Auto has similar prices and ships much quicker.

Also, be sure to compare the shipped cost rather than just the cost of the part. Each company has a unique pricing and shipping philosophy. My concern is the cost to my door, not where they make money.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm new to buying parts for my 07 Denialli, I have just under 80K and have just recently replaced the pads turned the rotors. their has been a wining sound for a few months which i thought might be a wheel bearing, then all of a sudden an awfull clunking noise. So bad i coudln't drive down the street and had it it towed. The Stealership calls and says they replace my right front wheel bearing still under the 5/100k warrenty. and then tells me that my inner tie rod and rack assembly are bad. I just had the wheels of when replacing the brakes two weeks ago and I would have thought this would have come to my attention. I haven't yet jacked the truck back up to confirm, but I'm not certain I believe him as there does not seem to be any signs of this. My question for this forum is can a bad wheel bearing affect the inner tie rod and rack? Where is a good website to buy oem parts under the stealership prices as i'm going to need tires soon and i'd like to replace this and then drive it to a tire shop for tires and alignment. how do i test the rack?

Breed,
I apologize for your frustrations.You can check out gmpartsdirect.com for the parts information.
Breanne
GM Customer Service

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Check Rock Auto. They carry AC Delco parts. They may not have the OEM version of everything, but they have plenty of options. Rock Auto also ships same day or next day.

I have bought 2 things from GMpartsdirect.com and they have OEM stuff at great prices, but their shipping is SLOOOOOOOOW. Took about 2 weeks to get to my house, 90 miles from their location. If you have to have OEM and have plenty of time, GMpartsdirect.com is great. Rock Auto has similar prices and ships much quicker.

Also, be sure to compare the shipped cost rather than just the cost of the part. Each company has a unique pricing and shipping philosophy. My concern is the cost to my door, not where they make money.

The problem here is that ACDelco is not always the OE supplier. For example, Carter is the OE manufacturer of the majority of the GM fuel pumps. Denso is the supplier for oxygen sensors, and Bosch supplies many electrical components, such as the electric water pump for the supercharger on the 2005-07 Chevy Cobalt SS. Many ACDelco parts are just reboxed with a markup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukrazy

Latest posts