Painted My Interior To Match!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
Looks pretty sharp. What did you use to paint your plastics with? I'm in beginning process of redoing my interior. I'm looking at doing a KatSkinz leather package, but I want to change the plastic from Grey to a black or dark graphite. They guy at the shop says don't do it because it will peel.

Personally I think he's just lazy after looking at his reaction when I told him what I wanted to do. Problem is if I keep the plastic grey this throws my whole concept out the window because it looks aged and won't match the seats very well.

Any pointers? If I do it myself it will save me a ton of coin.

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't peel if it's done right. All I used was some rattlecan primer, gloss and spray paint for plastic. Cheap as hell but looks awesome and works great.

First I sanded everything down really good, washed it, then sprayed 1 coat of primer. Then hit it with 2 coats of white, then a coat of gloss. Really simple, just takes some time and patience. Make sure you wait atleast 15 minutes between each coat, and I let mine dry over night after the final coat.

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's nice man, one question, how were you able to not paint the little symbols on the HVAC controls and headlight switch?

Those are white overlays I bought off eBay. Also have white overlays for my gauges but haven't gotten around to putting them on.

95slowhoe

Reaction score
Sweet i like it. I wonder if i did mine in black if it would look decent bc my exterior is black and tan interior.

Last edited:

95slowhoe

Reaction score
I might this weekend and will post before and after pics. What grit sand paper did you use? And did you sand out the textured part of the plastic?

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sanded everything using 100 grit I think. I can't really remember. Might want to read some of the other threads on here where people painted there interior. I think some wet sanded and did some other stuff. I just sanded with a really rough grit and then primered and painted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thathighlife7