Paint Resto-shine and wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this, ive been too lazy to look it up and this is exactly what i was looking to find out and what i need to do (and finish my build-ish thread ;)......) My black paint is screaming at me, especially after debadging and my rod trip.....

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got to spend Saturday at chemical guys for rides and coffee. It was really fun. Some good tech sessions. If you haven't seen or used the their clay block, it's pretty awesome! I picked one up after watching one of the guys use it during the session, and it makes claying so much easier and faster. I did a clients 2013 range rover yesterday and the whole clay step took about 10 minutes. It was awesome. I'll post up a photo of the clay block this afternoon.

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
So I got to spend Saturday at chemical guys for rides and coffee. It was really fun. Some good tech sessions. If you haven't seen or used the their clay block, it's pretty awesome! I picked one up after watching one of the guys use it during the session, and it makes claying so much easier and faster. I did a clients 2013 range rover yesterday and the whole clay step took about 10 minutes. It was awesome. I'll post up a photo of the clay block this afternoon.
ill check it out, I've only ever used the Mother's clay bar. Of course, its rained almost non-stop here since I asked about this, so I've not been doing anything but gathering materials.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@Bigbeardenali1992

Why would I specifically use CG clay block system since you were there in person vs. say Mothers or Meguiars? Just curious.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Bigbeardenali1992

Why would I specifically use CG clay block system since you were there in person vs. say Mothers or Meguiars? Just curious.
So I'm always looking for products and tools to make my detailing life easier. Haha. The clay block from CG is cool because unlike a normal clay bar, if it gets drop and touches the ground i5 isn't a dead clay bar. The actual clay surface which is the rubbery like surface on top, can be washed off with water and then it's clean and can be used over and over. So you can also wash it between uses to avoid cross contamination between vehicles. It'd q good size and fits in my hand easily. Also the bottom is like a foam applicator, so it doesn't stick to my hands when dry and no need to spray clay lube on my fingers while using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pawaso