Oil consumption tests done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
So now that i have logged 3 oil consumption test at my dealer, They now have the document of miles and oil used. Parts have been ordered and it looks like they are going to replace the valve covers with new updated ones, Drop the oil pan and install a AFM oil deflector and get a decarboning precedure. I also pointed out the service writer that the Exhaust tips have more soot than any other car i own. At first he didnt think it was excessive until i told him how about we compare to another 5.3 in the shop and the Honda that was also there. THey were fine, mine had more fine black soot from the tips and mind you i just installed a new Volant tip no more than 1 ago. Took pictures and also added to the files

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much is this going to cost (roughly)? I may have to do the same to my burb :(

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Nothing. Under powertrain warranty. Also getting FR axle seal replace under warranty

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!!! Mine is WAY out of warranty FML :(

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ok so the whole thing will take half a day, 4-5 hours. Your Shops hourly rate + parts. Probaly going to be around 800-1200 range from my guesstimate

DeeHutch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much oil was yours burning between changes and how often were your changes? Mine is burning about 2 quarts in between changes at 5,000 miles.

It's an 07 with 62k on it. I did find out from the dealer the other day that it wasn't put into service (sold new) until Feb of 09. Lucky ME!!!

We're starting the consumption test on the next oil change. I'm getting a lot of 'valve rattling" too....

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
when i hit about 50% it be more than half down on the stick. WHen i was at 10% oil like there be little if any on the dip stick

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sumo,

Good update. I am happy to hear your dealer is working with you on this. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
driller3700