OEM vs Reproduction wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

empire_designs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell the difference between real OEM wheels and reproduction wheels?

There's a local guy that posts a lot of oem style wheel and tire packages on Craigslist saying they're real takeoff wheels. Not that I care if they're real or repos, but his prices are like oem dealer prices, and I don't want to pay that if they're not the real deal.

TYIA

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for all of you that have rep, anyone ran with issues with them, such as balancing, quality, etc...?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Always check the back like chase said. That goes for any wheel ever made. Theres always a model number. Also reps are usually a lower grade quality and heavier in weight. Personally I would only get oem, unless I'm looking at bigger sizes than what where available then there's no choice.

There's a gm dealer by my house that sells oem "take offs", but if you look at the back side there's no oem markings lol. And there oem prices lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The repros I've looked into supposedly have the same weight as stock. I can't comment on the quality and durability of the finishes though. OEM and repros- it looks like they're all made in China. Maybe they're from the same plant(s) and the blemished ones (finish or balance) are sold as repros?

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell the difference between real OEM wheels and reproduction wheels?

There's a local guy that posts a lot of oem style wheel and tire packages on Craigslist saying they're real takeoff wheels. Not that I care if they're real or repos, but his prices are like oem dealer prices, and I don't want to pay that if they're not the real deal.

TYIA
I have repos. They look great and balanced no problem. Paid around $900 for the newer GMC snowflake wheels (they're machined and black) and wrapped them in BFG KO2's.

OP
OP
E

empire_designs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have repos. They look great and balanced no problem. Paid around $900 for the newer GMC snowflake wheels (they're machined and black) and wrapped them in BFG KO2's.
I have no problem with repos. They all look great, and I'd be willing to bet they came off the same production line as the real deal. However, I'm not going to pay dealer prices if they're really "fakes"

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for all of you that have rep, anyone ran with issues with them, such as balancing, quality, etc...?

I run these 20" Denali replica rims made by Factory Reproductions no issues had them for over 2 years some of the aftermarket ones have balancing and finish issues Tony aka NorcalSS could hook you up on a set

c10e5adfc9915f1243f5e062264b9a28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE