OEM 05+ Radiator Fans (ELECTRIC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
ok so im going on my hunt tuesday for a wrecker to have a good deal for me so wish me luck, can someone who has done this make a DIY with photos, more so for the harness than for the fans because they seem easy enough to do

also while searching online i found this any idea if it should work fine? Electric Thermo Fan Controller it plugs into the rad fins and turns on at 180degrees and off at 170

how much cfm are the oem fans pulling and how big are the blades

Last edited:

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
question, so i went to the wrecker found fans from a seirra they were 34" apart at the mount and then measured my rad bolts they are 38" so im guessing i have the larger rad am i measuring the right spot, and is it me or 200 from a wrecker seem way too high, i went to local performance shop found aftermarkets, so should i get twin 12"s or do you think that a single 14" cyclone fan enough? it says it blows 2150cfm just like this one i found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cheapest I've found around here at the wrecking yards for the fans and harness is $350 so $200 doesn't sound bad at all, I would take it if it were around here for sure!!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
question, so i went to the wrecker found fans from a seirra they were 34" apart at the mount and then measured my rad bolts they are 38" so im guessing i have the larger rad am i measuring the right spot, and is it me or 200 from a wrecker seem way too high, i went to local performance shop found aftermarkets, so should i get twin 12"s or do you think that a single 14" cyclone fan enough? it says it blows 2150cfm just like this one i found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

You can go up to 16 inch dual fans on a Tahoe LS. As a guide, you want the quieter "S blade" (as pictured) fan that draws the least amount of power for the rated CFM

B

sully

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You want the OEM fans, I have run aftermarket in my other truck and have had some issues out of them. You can find used for under 200 or keep looking cause I got my new one for $250 shipped. Nelson's does a PCM exchange for $35 they ship you a new one and you send yours back within a couple weeks and there isn't even a core charge. That is the cheapest I have found to turn on the pins for the fans.

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that you have a BBtune too, Justin can turn the pins on for you too and also they sell a wiring harness over there that's pretty decent. I used it in my hoe

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so are the depo OEM replacement fans no good? anyone using them? Also do the OEM 07-08 fans fits as well? I've notice some have 10 fins on one fan and 7 on the other. I have my pins turned on, just need to decide on what fans to get. I don't want to end up with worn out OEM if the DEPO aftermarket replacements are reliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10