OEM 05+ Radiator Fans (ELECTRIC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed these on my 2003 Yukon Denali...I took the Clutch fan off...and this thing slid into place and I put the two mounting bolts in.

Estimated Install Time - 3 minutes and 46 seconds

Fit - PERFECT

Now all I need is the harness and for my "pins" to be turned on?

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About how much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking. I'm curious on what you figure out with the harness. I'm also asuming the Denali is using the same radiator

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Price ? Where did you get them? Pics of install?

DETAILS MAN, DETAILS!!!!!!!!

:)

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am betting he got them from here:

Ebay Link

I also bought from him for $200. He will range from $200-$250, and they are OEM fans.

Blizzard, you do need a harness. You could make your own, buy an aftermarket like Nelson, or buy the OEM harness.

This is the OEM harness that I used:

efans11.jpg

If you want the PCM to control them, then yes, you do need the pins in the PCM turned on by a tuner.

Another option would be to use an adustable thermostat controlled setup.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the OEM harness..Nelsons? Also...where did you run it...

I see the two plugs that plug into the fan..but how and where do the rest of the wires go? and the extra plug?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Justin can turn them on for me...but that requires waiting on shipping...and my truck will then be un-drivable again...for god knows how long..and I dont have the funds to buy another PCM or whatever I may need... =(

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Where did you get the OEM harness..Nelsons? Also...where did you run it...

I see the two plugs that plug into the fan..but how and where do the rest of the wires go? and the extra plug?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Justin can turn them on for me...but that requires waiting on shipping...and my truck will then be un-drivable again...for god knows how long..and I dont have the funds to buy another PCM or whatever I may need... =(

I wouldnt drive your truck now in its current state with no cooling fan.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt drive your truck now in its current state with no cooling fan.

LOL...I already did...I just saw how the truck reacts when it overheats! :(

lol....

(Read on display)
ENGINE COOLANT HOT read on display with DING DING DING DING DING DING DING sound...thennnnn few minutes later...ENGINE OVERHEATED read on display with DING DING DING DING DING DING DING sound

YIKES!!!! I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED MY FANS ON!!!!!!!!!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin can send you a PCM in the mail (you can pay for overnight) and then just return yours to him... There's a $100 core charge thats returned to you when you send yours back

And you still didn't answer my questions...

Where did ya get it?

How much did it cost ya?

Did it come with bolts to use or where the bolts holding the radiator in long enough to hold these in as well?

All you did was take your fan and clutch off? You didn't put anything in it's place?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
$250...heres the exact fan I just purchased

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0344765654&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

ohhh...your wanting to do it...ok...you take the fan clutch off...

You know the stock fan shroud? You see the two bolts holding it to the radiator support? Theres one on each side...plus a bunch of plastic clips... All you do is take the fan shroud off...and use the two bolts..one on each side...the bottom of it has rubber pieces that fit into the bottom part of the radiator shelf...BAMM! Simple as that :)

The link above is the Fan Set I just won :)

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

I wonder how fast he can get a new PCM to me...and what can be done to it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog