Nnbs intake swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer the lurking question;
Look at the bottom of the intake runners. 1 is shaped like a cathedral dome entrance. The other number 2 is shaped like a rectangular squarish entrance.

You have a 8 cylinder so should be 8 entrances.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To answer the lurking question;
Look at the bottom of the intake runners. 1 is shaped like a cathedral dome entrance. The other number 2 is shaped like a rectangular squarish entrance.

You have a 8 cylinder so should be 8 entrances.
That's understood. I realize I need the cathedral and not the square port intake. And I think we all understand we need 8 intakes for our 8 cylinders. Please. The problem is they don't shop the shape of the intake ports on most of the parts pictures, and there's several different part numbers for NNBS intakes with several different prices ranging from $140 to $200. Now we're also talking that in order to see much gain we also need a bigger throttle body. And yet nobody can provide any part numbers for someone who has an 02 6.0 LQ4 to convert to a NNBS intake and TB ? I'm thinking I need to buy more popcorn. 2 wasn't enough @Tonyrodz ! Or maybe a CTS-V blower instead.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you need 8 intake runners...

Any Nnbs 6.0 or 6.2 would be square. get a nnbs intake for a 5.3. It will be cathedral as the Nnbs 5.3 uses the lq4 and lq9 heads.

Get a custom 4 bolt throttle body. Cable or drive by wire. Something in the 90-102mm range.

Then you get the intake gains. Want even more gains switch to square port heads and intake.

If you need part numbers do more research but it's a reason it's a custom swap. There is no specific 1 part number. Several will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo