Nnbs intake swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I can buy a 2007-up 6.0 intake for my '02 6.0 for $100 and swap it in and gain some hp? I have a BB autocal so I can have them tune for it.

ANY 07+ cathedral truck intake is the same as a tbss intake. TBSS just got it first so thats what everyone refers them as. Once the square port motors took over the intake remained looking the same but change port size, so just make sure its the earlier cathedral version.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
ANY 07+ cathedral truck intake is the same as a tbss intake. TBSS just got it first so thats what everyone refers them as. Once the square port motors took over the intake remained looking the same but change port size, so just make sure its the earlier cathedral version.
How can you tell which is which, visually? To make sure you get the right intake.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12580678 seems to be the part I come up with for an '07 6.0 but it's listed for $184 at Rockauto and I can't tell if it's cathedral or not. Do you have a part number for a $100 one that will work?

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you tell which is which, visually? To make sure you get the right intake.

The older truck is 3 bolt TB, and the newer truck/tbss is 4 bolt TB. Then when they went to square port they look very similar so you would actually have to look at the port shapes.

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
One of the main advantages of the TBSS style manifolds is that they have a larger throttle opening. In the Hot Rod manifold comparison they used a 78mm throttle body on the NBS manifold and a 90mm throttle body on the TBSS manifold, so some of the 13 hp gain was from the larger throttle body. I think a chunk of that gain would be lost with a smaller throttle body.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. You need to stick 4bolt tb to use a wider tb. Something bigger than stock 78iirc. That is also part of the gains with the intake. Go at lest 90mm. Again the intake are different. Cause it's a nnbs 6.0 intake doesn't mean it will fit your lq4 or lq9. Those 6.0 and 6.2 come with the same heads. Square. So unless you have those heads then you can use that intake. You could do adapter plate as well if you got cash.

The cts-v intake is a better intake swap these days. It's a twin screw blower for square port heads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019