Newbie Need a little clarification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluerdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up a 2000 Yucon 2500 about a month ago. I'm not an advanced audiophile so I'm not really interested in tricking out the system, just trouble shooting the stock system. It's the stock Delco system with single disk CD, there's also a stock cassette player in the center console under the dash. Speakers in the doors, something in the cargo area - drivers side, and maybe tweeters in the ceiling in the front. Issues I'd like to correct if possible

Sound is flat - Very limited Bass with limited variation - Auto equalizer and manual adjustment provide identifiable change but no true bass.

CD player doesn't seem to work - Not all that interested in lugging around a case full of CD's anyway, but if there's a fix I might as well get it going. I say it's not working (Installed a new battery and it spit out a disk PO obviously couldn't retrieve - for giggles I pushed it back in and deck wouldn't pull it in).

Aux Input Jack - It doesn't have one visible but I wouldn't mind installing a jack or blue tooth device to allow so I can port cell phone. I've got a transmitter that works great if the HU can't be retrofitted but sound quality right now stinks so that's the priority.

I've tried some searches but most of what I'm finding is related to the BOSE system and/ or Serious aftermarket upgrades. Stock unit issues didn't seem to provide much direction. Any direction on harness connections, amp(if any) or particular speakers to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly the Headunit is probably the source of many if not all your problems and no there is no aux. The cheapest and easiest way to fix and get the features you want is to add an aftermarket headunit.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly right. Places like Crutchfield or Sonic Electronix have good customer service and include all the items you need to install for free. Also considering your rig is a 2000, the foam surrounds around your speakers cones may have already turned to dust. 6.5" entry level speakers are affordable too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D713M