New to forum.. GM mil discount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
Hey guys,
This forum has been a great resource. I'm currently after a 17' Yukon SLT with captain chairs and 2WD down here in Alabama. Ive found some decent prices online..already about 7-8K off MSRP. I'm active military and signed up for the GM military discount program. I'm not sure how this works however. I see its supplier pricing? If that's the case some offers out there may already be a steeper discount than this program. I was under the impression initially that any military rebate could be added to any current offers at the dealership. I also have USAA and at times they offer an additional $750 rebate as well.

Anyone on here purchased with mil rebate?

Before talking with the dealer a few have what I'm looking for .. 2WD SLT Captain chairs MSRP 64,2 and with incentives its down to 52,9. I'm looking to see if I can squeeze close to 50.

I may start looking at the Tahoe's as well since it seems I can get a little bit better pricing vs GMC.

Thanks for any info!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may or may not get additional money with the military discount. It depends upon the dealer's disclaimer language that is associated with the Internet price to lure you in the door. Frequently, dealers will say that the Internet price includes all applicable rebates and manufacturer incentive to the customer and then raise the price when you don't qualify for a discount.

In my case, I qualify for special pricing. However, I can find a vehicle for less by looking on line and being a loyal customer. Thus, my solution is to find the vehicle I want for for what I feel is a reasonable and fair price for all concerned.

PwrdbyM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM usually always has a $500 military rebate which comes from GM, NOT the dealer. I recommend you go to truecar and build your selected vehicle. Whether you use truecar or not to buy, you'll want to click on the "view incentives" tab which will show you all of the rebates/incentives available in your region. Click each one to read the fine print as some of them can't be combined. Be sure you educate yourself on what rebates GM is currently offereing and which you're eligible for prior to setting foot in a dealership. In order to get the mil rebate you'll likely need a copy of your LES.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645