New Tahoe owner with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I tried this and they told me to "call GM Media Archive 734-462-5543, extension 163".

I just did the chat regarding the Build Sheet for my wife's new Tahoe and got an email from them just a few minutes later. The Build Sheet attachment was missing, though. :banghead:

Replied to the email asking them to re-send it, this time WITH the attachment. Let's see if it works. :think:

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh... Rather than waiting, I did another chat and now I got everything in the email.

Potch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got a build sheet!

From the GM live chats make sure you select "Product Feature Question on Vehicle I Own".

The gal copied and pasted right into the chat box in about 10 seconds!

Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys that suggested it. I thought I was going to have to go through all my RPO codes in the glove box and search them individually.

Boyd

Reaction score
Hey all thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Just got a 2011 Tahoe LT 4x4 which I’m loving so far and have a few questions.

First the DRL’s don’t work. They do go on when I remote start it so the bulbs and sockets are good. The auto headlights work when it gets dark and I checked and the parking brake is released all the way. I don’t see an option to turn them on in the DIC?

Second I’m curious what package or trim I have. It’s an LT with 20” wheels, LTZ grill, chrome power folding mirrors and Bose but no nav. No heated seats but rear captains chairs. Also has the 2 speed transfer case.

Just noticed driver seat isn’t sliding forward or back but goes up and down, first place I should check?

Thanks a lot!
Hey Chuck. The settings (on/off) for those lights is called "approach lights" in the DIC.

OP
OP
Chuck_Finley

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I assumed that setting was for the headlights, tails and reverse lights coming on when I unlock, not the DRL’s. To be honest I don’t need them the auto headlights work fine and I can turn on the parking lights when towing etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your rear bumper have a chrome lip on it? Sounds like a high upgraded LT. I have Navi and RSE but didnt come with 20's nor captain chairs.

OP
OP
Chuck_Finley

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your rear bumper have a chrome lip on it? Sounds like a high upgraded LT. I have Navi and RSE but didnt come with 20's nor captain chairs.

It does not...from the build sheet it's an LT1 but has those LTZ goodies from some 'regional value package'. Lucky me...I'm loving this vehicle so much :)