New Tahoe owner with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Just got a 2011 Tahoe LT 4x4 which I’m loving so far and have a few questions.

First the DRL’s don’t work. They do go on when I remote start it so the bulbs and sockets are good. The auto headlights work when it gets dark and I checked and the parking brake is released all the way. I don’t see an option to turn them on in the DIC?

Second I’m curious what package or trim I have. It’s an LT with 20” wheels, LTZ grill, chrome power folding mirrors and Bose but no nav. No heated seats but rear captains chairs. Also has the 2 speed transfer case.

Just noticed driver seat isn’t sliding forward or back but goes up and down, first place I should check?

Thanks a lot!

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the DRL fuse in the engine bay? I’m not sure that’s it but could be one more thing to rule out...

As for the seat, check all the wiring under the seat. If all the wiring is connected, it’s likely the motors are bad.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Just got a 2011 Tahoe LT 4x4 which I’m loving so far and have a few questions.

First the DRL’s don’t work. They do go on when I remote start it so the bulbs and sockets are good. The auto headlights work when it gets dark and I checked and the parking brake is released all the way. I don’t see an option to turn them on in the DIC?

Second I’m curious what package or trim I have. It’s an LT with 20” wheels, LTZ grill, chrome power folding mirrors and Bose but no nav. No heated seats but rear captains chairs. Also has the 2 speed transfer case.

Just noticed driver seat isn’t sliding forward or back but goes up and down, first place I should check?

Thanks a lot!
Does it say LT on the side of it? Someone may have added ltz parts to it, been done before.
Check that nothingbis blocking the tracks under the seat but i think those motors go out

OP
OP
Chuck_Finley

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I realized the orange parking lights come on with remote start not the DRL’s so I’ll check the fuse and bulbs.

Any DRL bulbs recommended in the 4000k color range to match Philips crystal vision ultra low beams?

Not sure if the grill was replaced but its certainly possible. Believe it was an older guy that drove it but who knows.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I realized the orange parking lights come on with remote start not the DRL’s so I’ll check the fuse and bulbs.

Any DRL bulbs recommended in the 4000k color range to match Philips crystal vision ultra low beams?

Not sure if the grill was replaced but its certainly possible. Believe it was an older guy that drove it but who knows.

Send a PM to @GM Customer Service with your VIN and email requesting a build sheet.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer may have also installed some of these LTZ items when the truck was new and prior to sale. I've seen a number of GMC Yukon SLTs with Denali grills and such. Get yourself a Tech2 if you're mechanically inclined so you can work on the truck and save yourself money, a migraine and time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts