New spot for spare tire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew there wasn't a spare when I bought it, but yesterday I realized why.
The dual exhaust is in the way.
I figured on just getting a rim at junk yard, but I'm not sure where to put it. I guess it has to go in the cargo area, which sucks. I don't want to just lady lay it in there. So I'll need to make something to stand it up to the side against the wheel hump.
I'm thinking the left in front of the jack, but that blocks the like storage cubby.

Where have you all put your spare if it isn't underneath?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
You could possibly grab a rack from an OBS suv, and fab it to work in an NBS.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew there wasn't a spare when I bought it, but yesterday I realized why.
The dual exhaust is in the way.
I figured on just getting a rim at junk yard, but I'm not sure where to put it. I guess it has to go in the cargo area, which sucks. I don't want to just lady lay it in there. So I'll need to make something to stand it up to the side against the wheel hump.
I'm thinking the left in front of the jack, but that blocks the like storage cubby.

Where have you all put your spare if it isn't underneath?

K5's used to have a bracket inside truck on pass side, goto a junk yard and see if u can make one work...

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're ok with the off road look and you are able to physically you could always get a universal roof rack with a spare tire holder.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did consider the roof rack. Unfortunately this vehicle is for work, so I'm not sure that look is professional enough.
Also, if I would do that, I need a tire cover, right? I always assume the UV would eat a roof mounted tire pretty quick.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K5's used to have a bracket inside truck on pass side, goto a junk yard and see if u can make one work...
My wife has a 93 suburban with the inside mount. I was thinking I'd look at hers and see what it would take to adapt.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
The suburban and 2 Door Tahoe did. The 4 Door Tahoe mounted underneath.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
My cousins 91 bub has it mounted inside.
Anyway I would look more into redoing the exhaust instead of a alternate mounting spot.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'd sooner re-route the exhaust and tuck the spare tire in its intended position rather than concoct a new spot for the spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts