New Owner 2014 PPV from VA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&Queens NY!

A Detective Tahoe is one of the best ones to get. Looks well maintained. Nice find!!

Yes cracked dash is extremely common in the 2007-2014 Tahoe's.

Thank you and I got extremely lucky with this truck for sure.
Is it common because of the build quality? I don't mind issues with aesthetics so long as the important things (motor, trans, etc) aren't crapping out.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you and I got extremely lucky with this truck for sure.
Is it common because of the build quality? I don't mind issues with aesthetics so long as the important things (motor, trans, etc) aren't crapping out.
The build quality on the 2014 Tahoe's were one of the best. Just the dash had issues. The 2007-2014 Tahoe all had that issue. IMHO the cracked dash was that they used cheap plastic.

BTW have friends in North Chesterfield Va. A lot of nice people there.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!

My dash has a crack as well. I don't even see it anymore.

OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The build quality on the 2014 Tahoe's were one of the best. Just the dash had issues. The 2007-2014 Tahoe all had that issue. IMHO the cracked dash was that they used cheap plastic.

BTW have friends in North Chesterfield Va. A lot of nice people there.

That's a relief to hear and aligns with the research I did. The dealer I got this one from also had a 2015 with 115,000 miles, but the lifters were too loud, and my scanner was saying that the truck wasn't emissions-ready either.

North Chesterfield is nice, that whole Richmond area is

OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!

My dash has a crack as well. I don't even see it anymore.

Thank you sir! I definitely will be participating across the forum, I'm pretty active on other forums for my two other Chevy's so I'm eager to contribute here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mspranger9