New Look for my 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice... More details on the Rhino-lined side steps?

Did you just have a place that does the Rhino liner installations spray them for ya? Do you know if they just taped them off or completely uninstalled sprayed them and then re installed?

I would imagine this would not only provide more grip when stepping on them, but also make them tougher against road debris, high heels, and such...

Been interested in removing the chrome from my side steps and wrapping them in vinyl seems like it wouldn’t last with as much contact they see with boots, heels, road debris etc. Spraying them in Rhino liner seems like a great solution. How does the finish compared to the black plastic front lip air dam? Match? Glossier?

Sorry so many questions. Appreciate the input!

OP
OP
P

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbors kid barely swiped my wife's bumper, but just enough for paint exchange. Perfect opportunity to get something done. Their quote for the OEM grille to be color matched was more that the OEM grille.

While there, I noticed they did Rhino lining. They told me they take them off the vehicle and completely spray them. I got under the Hoe when it was done, and its completely covered in Rhino lining. They were really bright at first, but have dulled down since. The grip is by far a lot better and they stay clean. No more fading.

I thought about doing the lower air dam, but that would be over kill. Nobody really notices it, but me and the wife. The faded steps were killing me when compared to the gloss black trim on the side. It ran about $250.

OP
OP
P

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color matched grille was $413, but can be found online cheaper. I did not want to have something like this shipped and show up damaged. I opted to spend money at the dealer and know if something was wrong, they would correct it. It comes with the black bow tie.

They charged me $215 to paint the eyebrows. They told me the headlights had to come out to get them off. It all matches up and do not have to worry about peeling, or wrap coming undone. Labor is 1.5hrs on the bumper. I did not have to pay that, but you get the idea.

Color matched looks really good. I would pain the eyebrows to match, but black is a lot easier to color match than white is. i could not find a white to match at all.

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you bought the Grille online or through the Chevy Dealership? Is there a Link to a website you saw these grilles on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kkkkpppp