New iPhone-cannot hear texts, not showing in intellilink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched the forums and haven't seen an answer. Just switched back to an iphone 6. Couple problems. When it is connected via Bluetooth, I have no idea when I get a text message. The intellilink is not picking it up and the phone will not make a sound. I have to check my phone every once in awhile to see if I've gotten a text. Also the intellilink does not seem to even pick up the messages either. I'll get a text (imessage) from the wife and the radio does nothing, does not even search for one. It doesn't really bother me the radio doesn't pick it up but I would like to at least have the phone chime when I get a text. Now if I don't pair the phone obviously everything is fine.

photios

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and haven't seen an answer. Just switched back to an iphone 6. Couple problems. When it is connected via Bluetooth, I have no idea when I get a text message. The intellilink is not picking it up and the phone will not make a sound. I have to check my phone every once in awhile to see if I've gotten a text. Also the intellilink does not seem to even pick up the messages either. I'll get a text (imessage) from the wife and the radio does nothing, does not even search for one. It doesn't really bother me the radio doesn't pick it up but I would like to at least have the phone chime when I get a text. Now if I don't pair the phone obviously everything is fine.

This may be stating the obvious to you... but.... Have you gone to Settings: Bluetooth on your phone and selected the blue information circle after the intellilink in "My Devices" to get to the options for the intellilink on your iPhone?
Once you do that you will see a setting: "Show Notifications". That needs to be turned on.

Hope this helps, and if you have already done that then perhaps someone else can chime in...

Last edited:
OP
OP
PavementPounder

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's on. The only way I hear the chime for a text or email is if I'm playing music from the phone. Otherwise if the radio is on, phone connected through Bluetooth, no sounds.

12many

Reaction score
I have had some issues at first. I would say it is quirky. But it is working now. Make sure you are fully updated. I also plugged mine in for a while via usb cable but don't know if that matters. I can then use voice command to dictate a message.

Can you play music from the phone to the stereo?

Are you the connected device?

You can also disconnect, forget this device, and then reconnect. Had to do that with wife's phone.

photios

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 6 plus... and I have no problems. I am connected via bluetooth, only. I charge my phone with a cigarette lighter charger, not via usb.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try repairing the phone with the vehicle. Forget the phone from the car and the car from the phone. Start over from scratch. Don't forget to re-select the show notifications selector in the bluetooth menu afterwards.

12many

Reaction score
I should add that my system (probably none) will NOT show you the text of the message when you are moving. It will wait until you are stopped. If you hit listen, it will read the message to you when moving, but not show the text.

And, the one touch auto reply feature does not work with the IPHONE. Funny how that is missing from the literature and ads even though it is known. :wtf: That is why I plug the phone in and dictate my messages if I need to send a simple one. BTW, it is safer to drive drunk than mess with text message or your info system when driving, so be careful.

Also, there may be a setting that controls the volume of your notifications. Maybe yours is set too low?

OP
OP
PavementPounder

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its working a little bit right now, as far as the intellilink showing a message. Sometimes it will say I have a message, sometimes it doesn't. I really just want to hear the phone chime still when the Bluetooth is connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave