New 'Hoe in Kansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
Greetings. Have already been helped by members here many times, and thought maybe I should wave and say Hi. Found my 2000 Tahoe last year in November. Not the best time of the year to work on a car, at least in Kansas.

For a little quick background, this truck was abandoned outside in a storage area for over 1 1/2 years before I grabbed it. Overall, it's in amazingly good shape for being 18 years old, and maintenance records in the truck lead me to believe that someone took good care of it before abandoning it. So far, other than the dreaded stupid rear brake line, it's not been bad - runs good, drives good, etc.

I've been around automobiles most of my life, but not GM products. Mostly Ford, Chrysler & VW's, with a Pontiac and couple of Chevy's thrown in here or there. I usually think I'm a fairly decent mechanic, though there are times that make me wonder about my sanity. . .

Anyway, just wanted to say Thanks to all who have already helped, thanks for those who might help in the future, and thanks for a great site!!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Randy!! Glad it came with service records!! Nice find.

MSgt Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had pix from earlier, but I lost them somewhere in translation. We actually have sunshine here today, so I may try to get out and snap a few.

Nice I had a 2000 tahoe with a 2/4 drop, some 22’s, dual flow masters, I loved that thing! It just looked mean.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randy :welcome:to the forum from Georgia Dawg country. Great that you could find such a nice 2000 abandoned Tahoe, these are getting hard to find, @ least ones that have been well cared for. As OP have said, put some pics on for all to see. Good luck to ya.
David g..........:2cents:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts