New Here / First Thread / First Mods (Yukon XL Denali)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shb500777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just placed a deposit on a 2023 Yukon XL Denali (Titan Rush) and I am checking out this forum. Seems like some great information, and I am still peeking around. We pick up our new GMC on Monday.

1.) Most of my car / auto forum background is actually in muscle / sports cars (Cobra Mustang / M2 Competition / autocross), but kids change things. At least for now. The point is I have been around cars, and I have been around forums. However, this is the first GMC / Chevrolet that I have owned.

2.) Already looking into seat protectors, cargo mats, and possibly a Corsa exhaust system. Will also do some (self) ceramic interior / exterior protection. The SUV does already have window tint.

3.) Any "first mods" I should consider? Anything specific that GMC missed?

4.) If you had to rank 5 mods / items for these, what would they be?

5.) Anything else someone new to Yukon's / GMC should know? Of course I will keep looking around the forum...

Thanks! Happy to be here!

Macrez21

Reaction score
Hey welcome! Congrats on the vehicle, when you pick it up post some pics so we can see.

As for mods I’ve heard the aftermarket exhaust on 6.2’s and the corsa seems to be good. Cold starts sound beefy, when it warms up the db levels come down to a nice tone and when needed you can hear it roar down the street.

I’m kind of like you in the sense I want to modify what ever I have but I’m having an issue doing so. If you’re in a denali I’m assuming you have the air ride or mag ride so for the time being I think suspension is well suited. Some people add an intake but I’m a believer that money is better suited it other areas. Tints are done, sound system in the denali’s are good. Anything in particular you were looking to personalize with this one?

OP
OP
S

shb500777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey welcome! Congrats on the vehicle, when you pick it up post some pics so we can see.

As for mods I’ve heard the aftermarket exhaust on 6.2’s and the corsa seems to be good. Cold starts sound beefy, when it warms up the db levels come down to a nice tone and when needed you can hear it roar down the street.

I’m kind of like you in the sense I want to modify what ever I have but I’m having an issue doing so. If you’re in a denali I’m assuming you have the air ride or mag ride so for the time being I think suspension is well suited. Some people add an intake but I’m a believer that money is better suited it other areas. Tints are done, sound system in the denali’s are good. Anything in particular you were looking to personalize with this one?
Thanks for the welcome! Will be sure to post up some pictures this week.

Exhaust is definitely on the "wish list" after searching around a few threads on the site.

After a few hours of looking around, I feel the same way as you... Not too much to jump right into regarding modifications. Not really looking for an intake right now.

OP
OP
S

shb500777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I save all the modification time/money/effort for the fun cars....the Tahoe is just a transportation unit.

:)
This is not a bad idea... I did sell my M2 Competition earlier this year to use funds towards this purchase (for the wife / family).

I haven't figured out my next "toy" yet, but starting to save for that sounds like a smart plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar