New Guy From North Carolina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hank1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off I have been married since 1999 and had my first child, a son in 2000 and a daughter in 2004. I am a Conservative Male Christian, if that pisses you off, your part of the problem with this Country. :D I own my own mechanic shop and enjoy working on cars, well some of the time. I also have a drag car, a 1969 Chevy Nova with a 18 degree Small Block that runs 5.60s @ 123 MPH in the 1/8 mile, not bad when it weighs in @ 2800 pounds. I also love to deer hunt, a day in the woods, is a great day on planet Earth.

I picked up a 1996 4WD Tahoe for practically nothing, it needed an engine. I pulled the engine, tore it down, took it to the machine shop. Had the block decked, bored .020 over, cam bearings installed, new core plugs, crankshaft polished and balanced with new balancer and flywheel, rods reconditioned, new pistons, wrist pins and new ARP rod bolts installed on the rods. Going to order a new cam and lifters for it. Nothing wrong with it, just going to upgrade a little, and I mean very little. Don't want to go overboard with a computer controlled vehicle. Planning to start reassembly this week.

My future plans are to lift it about 2 or 3 inches, nothing crazy. Paint it, cause the paint is not good in any shape. One good thing, to my untrained eye, it does not need any body work. I would also love to upgrade to a newer year model Tahoe wheels.

Looking forward to reading up and hopefully learning some stuff along the way.

Thanks for having me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb

Latest posts