New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsciulli19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Morning TahoeYukon Community,

Reaching out from Pennsylvania -- I just bought a low mile 2009 Yukon XL SLT. I am sort of new to the Tahoe Yukon world but I have had a GMT900 truck for 10+ years. Looking forward to getting the most out of this vehicle and learning more with this forum. I spent a good amount of time over at SilveradoSierra.com and I'm hopeful the community here will be similarly supportive.

Will post pics when I can!

EDIT: took a quick pic yesterday when picking up my kids. My 2009 Sierra had factory 20s with the chrome-clading but I always wanted a set of these wheels that are on the Yukon. My 2nd favorite after 20" ck375s

Truck has just over 69,000 miles on it, all original.

1000015020.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsciulli19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will try to add a few pics as I have some time. In the meantime, I plan to keep this rig mostly stock, but I would like to do a few upgrades. So far the plan is to add an AirAid MIT tube, tune with my diablosport tuner to get rid of AFM and adjust the TCM, and swap the head unit (non nav) for a factory or factory-looking nav unit as well as a backup cam.

If anyone has any input or suggestions on how to achieve the above I am all ears.

Also, I will start doing fluid swaps including trans fluid and filter, transfer case, front and rear differentials, and some fresh mobil1 oil.

It sounds like I ought to look into replacing the factory heater core T fittings with better ones based off of some of my reading in here.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts