New From Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas_Racer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! New to the forum, I came here to get ideas for a Yukon build I am considering. While in Illinois training last year I came across a bone stock 99 Yukon SLT on craigslist that was cheap ($3,000) and in good shape, took it for a test spin, 4 wheel drive worked flawless, motor had good power, the body was in excellent shape. Figured this would be great for moving my Mastiffs around. The interior was decent, leather has the usual rips on the sides of the bottom cushion, gray carpet had its fair share of stains (I scrubbed the interior clean) I replaced leaky front windshield, changed the oil, did a tune up and drove it from Illinois to Dallas to work on a locomotive, then from Dallas to Amarillo, it is high mileage (270,000) but made the trip great! After I got here I replaced every single fluid with synthetic, replaced the stereo, all six speakers and added amps and a sub. Since then I have done nothing but drive it!
Yukon_zpse3276455.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

sent from yo mommas ****** using tapatalk

OP
OP
Texas_Racer

Texas_Racer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am from Amarillo. I forgot to say I replaced the compressor after I got here and got the A/C working to (much needed!)
I have worked on cars ever since I was a kid (thanks to my dad), restored plenty of muscle cars, built lots of drag cars. Definitely not scared to get down and dirty, I have worked in paint and body, turned wrenches for a living, and I have done plenty of custom fabricating.
BUT... this is my first 4 wheel drive project, I want it streetable, but I also want it like nothing else anyone has ever seen, so I am thinking some custom sheet metal work, MAYBE LS3 with turbo... it is all still in the air right now till I figure stuff out :)

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Nice yea we def need ac. I need to get a compressor for mine. Sounds like you got some pretty good plans for it. I go up there sometimes if I find good deals on stuff I can flip

OP
OP
Texas_Racer

Texas_Racer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds good, we have a couple decent bone yards here and a salvage auction, so If I find anything that might be needed I will post it up for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onid