New from Oklahoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Chris and I own a Tahoe... I picked up my '05 LT 2wd about 3 weeks ago for $3500 and I've been loving it ever since. I've previously owned '00, '01 1500 Silverados and '03 and '07 2500HD Silverados but never a Tahoe and now I'm wondering why the hell it took me so long because for whatever reason I love it more.

So far I've completely stripped the interior down to bare metal to clean all the plastics and carpet as the previous owner let his grandkids trash it. I shouldn't let him off the hook actually because the amount of spilled coke I found inside the center console and on the sides of the driver seat and in the carpet tells me he also gave no *****. After stripping the interior and cleaning it I did a quick round of sound deadening on the floor starting with 80mil FatMat and then closed cell foam and mass-loaded vinyl on top of it and laid it back down. I swapped the factory nav for a Pioneer 8200-NEX and then wired up a cheapy sub amp to power the Bose sub on it's own (it's much more impressive than you might think). I did some touch up paint on the dash and the glove box to get it back looking nice but I haven't yet done the dash bezel and I've got the truck mostly put back together now inside I'm just waiting to figure out how the sub amp is going to be mounted in the rear driver side wheel well area under the trim.

On the outside I swapped the factory wheels and tires + $50 for a set of 2016 Silverado 20s and then I debadged it and pulled the body side mouldings and did a little test polishing to see how the paint was going to take to correction. I then wrapped my bowtie in carbon fiber to hide the cracked gold underneath and then slapped a Corsa 14232 catback system on it :D

Is there a build thread section around here and does anyone want to sell me a Denali wood grain steering wheel?! I have LOTS of pics and plans and already have pretty extensive experience modifying this platform just not Tahoe-specific so it should hopefully be exciting!

EDIT: For anyone bored here is the build thread for my current Duramax. It's a bit outdated but I haven't done anything serious to it in about 6 months either...

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Chris..

Lucy Project Stormtrooper looks awesome..I see you like a lot sound deadening material..You like a quiet vehicle like I do.

I have zero doubt your 2005 Tahoe will come out awesome..Nice work so far getting it online..Looking forward to see it whenever your done with it!!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
howdy

Lucy was a nice build

scroll down on main page & look for 'under construction', a bunch of build threads there.

i'd like to do fatmat on mine, but i never seem to have the time or money to do it....one day ;)