New 2017 Yukon Denali - have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhioZR2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2017 Yukon Denali for my wife a few months ago. We love the car! But after a few months, a "rattle" developed inside the driver's side doors. I can't tell if it's the driver's door or passenger door, and it could even be inside the B-pillar. But it sounds like a cricket is stuck inside there. Anyone know of any quick explanations, or should we just take it back to the dealership?

We also had our first snow of the season last night, and I was really surprised by how poorly the tires performed in a light dusting. Does anyone know what tires come standard on the 22' Denali wheels? And if I wanted to buy a set of dedicated Blizzaks, will an 18' wheel fit over the brakes?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, 22s don't perform well in the snow. Out of curiosity, what setting did you have it in, auto or 4HI?

OP
OP
O

OhioZR2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had it in Auto. But I was playing with both settings. The traction wasn't bad from a start, but the cornering and stopping was awful. In 4HI I could kick the rear end out without even really trying. And I think the braking has more to do with the weight of this car compared to her previous car. Obviously all the computers kicked in and straightened everything out, but I would feel a LOT safer with my wife driving if she had better traction.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not a great performer in the snow. I put on winter tires which help a lot but it’s still not German for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s your factory Bridgestone dueler tires on your 22 inch wheels. They are not a great tire. I had them on my stock 17s when I bought my 2006. I went to Michelin LTX A/T2s and never had a problem with traction and the AWD in my truck. Handled fantastic. I now have 20s on 275/60/R20 tires, just got a new set of nitto dura grapplers, and so far they are pretty good. I haven’t gotten snow yet where I live but they handled great in the rain we had a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

Alex carb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ditto for the Michelin. Had Bridgestones last winter and they were horrible. Had Michelins for snow last night and they were great.

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
Depending on how you feel about winter set ups Blizzaks are available in 285/45R22 if you want to just swap tires.

You can go down to 18" wheels if you want a dedicated wheel and tire combo to swap out.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 22s don't perform well in the snow.
Unless you’re driving in several feet of snow, 22s don’t make any difference than 18s do. Especially driving in a light dusting like OP was.

The OEM Bridgestone tires are awful. They’re a typical all season tire that’s not close to being good at any one thing.

I have Michelin tires on my 22s now and they do great living on the New Mexico/Colorado border.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you’re driving in several feet of snow, 22s don’t make any difference than 18s do. Especially driving in a light dusting like OP was.

The OEM Bridgestone tires are awful. They’re a typical all season tire that’s not close to being good at any one thing.

I have Michelin tires on my 22s now and they do great living on the New Mexico/Colorado border.

Which Michelins? LTX A/T2s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420