neeed help guys!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

94yukongt

Reaction score
I bet my TBI makes more power then your Holley when done. :)

haha it prolly does. When im all done ima go get it dynoed and see how much power i make. Its a 350, edelbrock intake, holley carb, longtubes and thats it.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We hate things we dont fully understand.

Ill bet the TBI runs at 14.7 AFR going down the road.

I dont understand why anyone would put a carb on a TBI motor. I have a boat with a quadrajunk, I put a Holley Marine TBI on it, now it starts right up without the choke fiasco, and is tunable while driving.

Not only all that but TBI heads and cam are pathetic, putting a real induction system on using those stock parts is almost silly.

haha it prolly does. When im all done ima go get it dynoed and see how much power i make. Its a 350, edelbrock intake, holley carb, longtubes and thats it.

You need to address the fuel pressure too ... TBI runs at 14ish, too high for a carb unless it's a full on race setup and uses that much fuel.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol: Was this supposed to be as ironic as it reads?

Of course the carb needed a rebuild, but for the price ($275 for a mint used TBI system) that flowed the same as the carb, I gained 2 mph, better driveability, and easier starting. Plus no more fuel bowl draining, etc , etc.

The reason most people hate fuel injection is that they cant change the mapping, or even know what to change, or have the big bucks to make a change if better hardware is even available.

I hate carbs because they cant adapt to conditions on the fly with fixed metering.....I understand them well.

OP
OP

94yukongt

Reaction score
Not only all that but TBI heads and cam are pathetic, putting a real induction system on using those stock parts is almost silly.

You need to address the fuel pressure too ... TBI runs at 14ish, too high for a carb unless it's a full on race setup and uses that much fuel.

yes i know so i am running a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I also have an hei distributer. She runs really goood.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gpracer1 said:
The reason most people hate fuel injection is that they cant change the mapping, or even know what to change, or have the big bucks to make a change if better hardware is even available.

I agree with this, so in my case I paid someone who is supposed to understand and had the necessary equipment and they couldn't get my particular combination to run any better than the factory programming did. IMO a carb would've been the better route for me to take since that is what I'm more comfortable with just like the OP...I don't get why that's a hard concept for some to grasp

OP
OP

94yukongt

Reaction score
so install a electric choke on my carb, install the tps sensor from holley and still wont shift. I dont know whats goin on. Im trying to figure it out but any other help would be appreciated. You can even call or text me at 631-903-4289. thanks guys

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If the trying to use the pcm to control the tranny forget it when you took off the tbi you took away not only the tps but the Idle Air Control And both injectors. That would cause a pcm to definitely not control the shifting valves in the tranny becuase of what is sees as a major function failure. You really need to get the tranny controller and related parts or go back to tbi.

OP
OP

94yukongt

Reaction score
anyone wanna buy my truck. 5,000 right now. ahaha

Yeah i guess ill switch back to tbi most likely now. god damnit. after all that work. Well i still run the 4bl intake. just get the 4bl to tbi adapter plate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb