Need more rear lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just installed some lift spindles and a spacer up front. 5.5" total. Love the look but my 3" rough country in the rear is a bit too much lean for me.

Any suggestions on how to get the rear leveled? 07 2wd LS has the rough country 3.5 rear still installed which is a 3" coil spacer.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I doubt its a 3" rear spacer but maybe 2" since the fronts usually sag 1.5" compared to front. So if your up 5.5-1.5 factory rake gives you 4" rear. Guessing 2" rear spacer from RC and get a 1.5-2" rear coil spacer off ebay. Measure rear fender heights compared to front to confirm spacer needed. For reference on the kit get a measurement of the spacer that mounts to the frame.

BIGGERSHAFT94

Reaction score
Hey 01konvict, will i run into any problmes throwing a 1" spacer in the rear? I threw my leveling kit on yesterday and its got more rake then i anticipated. i just want to know if ill have any problems with the shocks, brakelines, sway bar links being to short before i ordered anything.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Hey 01konvict, will i run into any problmes throwing a 1" spacer in the rear? I threw my leveling kit on yesterday and its got more rake then i anticipated. i just want to know if ill have any problems with the shocks, brakelines, sway bar links being to short before i ordered anything.

I had the same issue - Installed a leveling kit, front was higher, installed a 1" rear spacer, leveled it out, then decided that I like a little rake and replaced the 1" with a 2".

A 1" will not cause any issues with shocks, sway bar, or brakes, but be careful when installing, because removal of the shocks and lifting up the frame can cause the axle to droop enough to stretch the brake lines. There is a plastic clip for the lines that attaches to the frame behind the wheelwell, just use a trim removal tool to get that off and that will buy you an inch or so drop the axle further to put the spacers underneath the springs.

With normal travel and a 1" rear spacer, the brake lines have more than enough slack and the shocks aren't overextended.

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah toss a 1" spacer on and ride it. The rear should stretch plenty to handle that little bit. Think it's about 5/8-3/4" stretch on shocks so minimal. Post pics of Chevy riding lean ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE