Need Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you have non pwr, but do you have short or long wheelbase?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I believe you can use buckets that are powered/heated as they sill have the manual lever to release and flip. You'd have a tough time finding buckets that aren't powered as most are optioned with LTZ, SLT, LT Lux, etc. models.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just may be hosed. When I special ordered my 2016 Tahoe LTZ, I ordered it with a bench seat because I plan to haul the grandkids. The dealer input the order incorrectly and it showed up with bucket seats. I thought the dealer would just order the bench seat I wanted and swap it out, but, they said that wasn't possible. They claimed the chassis floor mount was different and they had to submit a new special order to get me the seating I wanted. I'm not sure if this is really the case, but I am curious if anyone else had a different experience and was able to switch them out.

I find this to be bull***t...I seriously doubt it's different. That would mean they would have to mold diff floors for diff trucks and i dont really think GM would spend money on 2 diff molds. It actually would be more then 2 because ffom what ive read here the burbs and xl's are diff from hoes and yuks in that the rear seats are diff....my thoughts though, i could be wrong, it happens.....lol

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They use the same mounts...the only difference is Long wheel base versus short. It took me 20min to swap bench for buckets in our 15 XL. Sometimes dealers don't have a clue.

FJ40INTOW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha. Thanks. I am willing to travel quite far. I am trying to convince her that the bench will be better for us. So far I have been unsuccessful.
Tell her the bench has usable cup holders!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts