Need Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike weber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2016 LT from a friend at the auction. I was givin the opportunity to go look at it but did not have time. It said pass through seats on the details. Well... I was wrong it has a bench and my wife is not happy. This was the only option she demanded. So needless to say I'm in the doghouse. Where can I find rear black leather buckets no power or heat.

Last edited:

TxEngr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You just may be hosed. When I special ordered my 2016 Tahoe LTZ, I ordered it with a bench seat because I plan to haul the grandkids. The dealer input the order incorrectly and it showed up with bucket seats. I thought the dealer would just order the bench seat I wanted and swap it out, but, they said that wasn't possible. They claimed the chassis floor mount was different and they had to submit a new special order to get me the seating I wanted. I'm not sure if this is really the case, but I am curious if anyone else had a different experience and was able to switch them out.

OP
OP
M

Mike weber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You just may be hosed. When I special ordered my 2016 Tahoe LTZ, I ordered it with a bench seat because I plan to haul the grandkids. The dealer input the order incorrectly and it showed up with bucket seats. I thought the dealer would just order the bench seat I wanted and swap it out, but, they said that wasn't possible. They claimed the chassis floor mount was different and they had to submit a new special order to get me the seating I wanted. I'm not sure if this is really the case, but I am curious if anyone else had a different experience and was able to switch them out.
I sure hope I can or I'm in big trouble. Haha

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the "Interior Section" and there is a thread with several owners looking to swap seats. Maybe someone will be close to your area. On second thought if I was in the dog house I would be willing to travel no matter how far the distance is. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

Mike weber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to the "Interior Section" and there is a thread with several owners looking to swap seats. Maybe someone will be close to your area. On second thought if I was in the dog house I would be willing to travel no matter how far the distance is. Good luck.
Haha. Thanks. I am willing to travel quite far. I am trying to convince her that the bench will be better for us. So far I have been unsuccessful.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the 2 of you with the 'wrong' seats can just swap, or am I missing something here?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It takes less than 30min to swap buckets for bench and vice versa. Just need to make sure they are same wheel base. Seats out of Tahoe will not fit suburban, etc.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we end up trading in our xl, I'll make a deal on our buckets as I'd probably put the bench back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts