Need help interior door panel '05 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raxus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went to get some work done on my front end and noticed my door panel (driver side), where the window, mirror, and door controls are, came loose. Talked to the shop manager and we both agreed that the clips had been broke for some time. Wether the car dealership glued it or the person before them did, I have no idea. Anyways was wondering if my only options are A) re-glue it or B) get a new panel. Been looking at some sites but have yet to find one for my Tahoe LT that has the Bose speaker cover to it. Any help would be much appreciated!

05Panel.jpeg

05Panel2.jpeg

05Panel3.jpeg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like tgats from the switch, im sure u can get a replacement switch at a local junkyard, no need to replace entire door panel

OP
OP
Raxus

Raxus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like tgats from the switch, im sure u can get a replacement switch at a local junkyard, no need to replace entire door panel

Galante...the switch is fine, it's the brackets and the clip that are broken. Are you saying those can be switched out?

Rax

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes switches are fine but that black piece that is still on the door panel is part of the switch assembly and it appears that the front side is broken, not the other side. If you remove the door panel you’ll prob find a screw going into that black broken piece still attached to the door panel. The bottom or lower half of the switch assembly appears to simply slide in and one screw holds the front on. No need for a full door panel, i would slide the lower half on and gorilla glue the switch assembly to the broken piece... it may hold for a while or find a switch assembly ...as a matter of fact you only need the housing.... some correct me if im wrong... @ScottyBoy F497559B-02FB-452A-807E-11F3F5C5EE14.jpeg

@Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I wouldn't even worry about that piece Pete. What caused that issue is the plastic clip type piece that's part of the armrest actually broke. Me and @95escahoe had a discussion about it. He actually figured out it's part of the armrest, so no need to replace the whole door panel. Hopefully he'll chime in. I know he has a light pewter one for sale, maybe you could dye it. I actually have the same problem in my Hoe.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even worry about that piece Pete. What caused that issue is the plastic clip type piece that's part of the armrest actually broke. Me and @95escahoe had a discussion about it. He actually figured out it's part of the armrest, so no need to replace the whole door panel. Hopefully he'll chime in. I know he has a light pewter one for sale, maybe you could dye it. I actually have the same problem in my Hoe.
Yeah but if his door panel is good, just the switches flopping... isnt that black piece attached to the bezel?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah but if his door panel is good, just the switches flopping... isnt that black piece attached to the bezel?
It is, but that's not really what's making the whole bezel flop like that. It's the square white plastic piece that's broken. Actually it's a combination of the 2 broken tabs.

OP
OP
Raxus

Raxus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is, but that's not really what's making the whole bezel flop like that. It's the square white plastic piece that's broken. Actually it's a combination of the 2 broken tabs.

^^^^Bingo...winner winner chicken dinner! :)

Rax

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

^^^This. It's the broken switch bezel, plus a broken door panel. To the OP, I actually have a set of tan Denali switch bezels for sale if you are interested in upgrading to the Denali black woodgrain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz