Need Help Finding Control Arms

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by Charged Tahoe, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Charged Tahoe

Charged Tahoe TYF Newbie

Name:
    Taylor
    wheel.png Hey Guys,

I have a 1995 4dr 4wd 'hoe with a 4" trailmaster lift kit installed back in 1995. Since I put a set of 20 x 12 wheels on her with 275/55/20 MT tires. Turns out the stress of the bigger/wider wheel wore out the control arms in about 1 year. Now I need to find some new heavy-duty control arms, upper and lower with ball joints preferably. Looking for some help finding them online.

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. randeez

randeez Full Access Member

Name:
    randy
    My old single cab I put 2500 uppers on with 1500 balljoint, iirc one hole(of 4) needs to be opened up a little, the other three line up. Dont know about lowers

IMAG0218.jpg IMAG0219.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  3. 08HoeCD

08HoeCD Resto-mod aficionado

Name:
    DJ
    If I discovered that the larger wheel/tire combo was exerting overwhelming stress on the suspension, I'd be looking at how to reduce the stress itself via a closer-to-factory wheel/tire combo. Otherwise, I might end up redoing things another year or so down the road even with beefier suspension components.

Not trying to be a jerk. Just an older guy sharing lessons I've learned the hard way and at huge expense. :)

4. Charged Tahoe

Charged Tahoe TYF Newbie

Name:
    Taylor

I appreciate your opinion. I just hate to get rid of my tire/rim combo, I have finally found the ones I wanted after this many years. :( But you make a very good point.

5. Charged Tahoe

Charged Tahoe TYF Newbie

Name:
    Taylor

OK! This was kind of exactly what I was looking for! I love when people figure out solutions and share their mods. Thank you! :)

6. 1BADI5

1BADI5 Full Access Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    Gotta love a budget friendly fix