Navigation DVD upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got my disk in the mail. It arrived in a padded envelope and the case was cracked. Fortunately the disk wasn't harmed. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. At all. When you install it it doesn't show any roads. Just dvd read error. I'm going to try and get my money back

cessna1466u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Damn, that's a bummer. Please let us know if they are able to find the problem or if it turns out to just not work.

EMizzle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually bought on from that site for my 09 Tahoe. It came from NC, I think. Anyway I got the latest which was 9.0c (or something like that). Put the disc in and it downloaded all the info to the radio. Took about 5-10 minutes. Once done, I had all the new maps and the views were more detailed.

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought on from that site for my 09 Tahoe. It came from NC, I think. Anyway I got the latest which was 9.0c (or something like that). Put the disc in and it downloaded all the info to the radio. Took about 5-10 minutes. Once done, I had all the new maps and the views were more detailed.

The 09' didn't have a HD based radio. I'm wondering what it downloaded and where it downloaded to?

I need a damn update as I hate mine....

cessna1466u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just received ours this afternoon, it is a burned dvd not an OEM disc but it worked great on our 2008 Yukon. It downloaded/updated for about 10 minutes then as the others stated all maps and new options where added.

EMizzle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 09' didn't have a HD based radio. I'm wondering what it downloaded and where it downloaded to?

I need a damn update as I hate mine....

I think the new disc upgraded the firmware of the radio itself...There's a green progress barr that goes across the screen during the update.

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now we're all curious again since the member above received one that didn't work.......

OP
OP
garrettpsu

garrettpsu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the company was willing to offer a refund or exchange, then I'd be more inclined to purchase the disk for my '07 Tahoe. I want to avoid a GPS hanging from my window and prefer not to use my phone either. Far easier and safer to use.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been on. I didn't get a refund but I did get a replacement dvd at just shipping charge. It downloaded and worked fine in my 2007 yukon denali. Took forever. Maybe 15 minutes. But it does have more streets than before which make searching for a destination much easier for me

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So one would be able to make a copy of the disk they are selling no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zednelem93