Navigation DVD upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[emoji15][emoji15] if it's true, I'll be the first to buy it. Haha I've been looking for an update for a year!!

OP
OP
garrettpsu

garrettpsu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about you buy it first! I am tempted and will likely pull the trigger. Once I do and use it, I'll post back here.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still nothing for the 2012 radio. What a shame.

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interwebs have mixed reviews on the Google machine.....

So it's probably a crap shoot... But it's $50...... If it works, it's well worth the gamble.....

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought one. I will let you guys know if it works when it gets here in a few days

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reason for buying is purely selfish I assure you. Lol. But I will post reaults

cessna1466u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to jump into this thread but I think this will help answer my question. We just purchased a 2008 Yukon Xl and it came with the Nav and the disc but I am thinking it is the original one since most of the streets in our area are not in there. Am I to understand that you cannot just pick up one of the newer ones on ebay or like the one listed above and replace the older one in the drive?

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to jump into this thread but I think this will help answer my question. We just purchased a 2008 Yukon Xl and it came with the Nav and the disc but I am thinking it is the original one since most of the streets in our area are not in there. Am I to understand that you cannot just pick up one of the newer ones on ebay or like the one listed above and replace the older one in the drive?
Yes... You are correct. You can pick up one on eBay or the site above. The issue is- they stopped making the updates YEARS ago from the dealer... So the site being referenced above is stating the have a disc that's updated and current. Whereas the "factory" update is 5ish years old.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505