My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I want to swap the steering wheel and the shifter as well..is it hard to swap out? haven't really done any research how to remove it yet
Both are easy. Steering wheel just need to borrow a puller from some place like O'Reiley's after pulling the airbag. The shifter has a torx screw that's got Loctite on it; I used a 1/4" ratchet with the right size torx bit, forget what size it is.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both are easy. Steering wheel just need to borrow a puller from some place like O'Reiley's after pulling the airbag. The shifter has a torx screw that's got Loctite on it; I used a 1/4" ratchet with the right size torx bit, forget what size it is.

I'll see if the mechanic that services our rigs has a puller I can borrow...the shifter looked like it had some wiring attached to it going into the steering column, I'll have to remove it and see this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up brother

Also found a thread on the removal
How To: Remove and Install New Steering Wheel | Chevy Tahoe Forum | GMC Yukon Forum | Tahoe Z71 | Cadillac Escalade - Tahoe Yukon Forum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts