My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the weekend off so I could get some work done on the Hoe but mother nature had other plans today:flipthebird:

The Hoe's had a really rough idle lately along with horrible gas mileage, I've had to literally floor the gas pedal to keep up with the flow of traffic on the highway...I decided to clean out the throttle body and MAF to see if that would resolve the issue and it did(for now)

It idles a hell of a lot better right now and the throttle seems to be more responsive...I also bought a tub big enough to fit the intake manifold I got from @Red Rocket along with 2 gallons of simple green Amazon.com: Simple Green 11001CT Clean Building All-Purpose Cleaner Concentrate, 1gal Bottle: Industrial & Scientific to degrease the intake

Unfortunately I can't replace the intake manifold on the Hoe until I get my other trucks back from my buddys shop(getting bigger turbos installed):gr_grin:

TB1.jpg

TB2.jpg

TB3.jpg

TB4.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand new throttle body cleaner cap broke as soon as my big sausage finger pushed on it lol wtf...had to use a flat head screwdriver to spray it all over me and the throttle body lol

TB5.jpg

All clean and put back together...those 2 coolant hoses attatched to the throttle body are a ***** to remove!!!

TB6.jpg

MAF all cleaned up

TB7.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the weekend off so I could get some work done on the Hoe but mother nature had other plans today:flipthebird:

The Hoe's had a really rough idle lately along with horrible gas mileage, I've had to literally floor the gas pedal to keep up with the flow of traffic on the highway...I decided to clean out the throttle body and MAF to see if that would resolve the issue and it did(for now)

It idles a hell of a lot better right now and the throttle seems to be more responsive...I also bought a tub big enough to fit the intake manifold I got from @Red Rocket along with 2 gallons of simple green Amazon.com: Simple Green 11001CT Clean Building All-Purpose Cleaner Concentrate, 1gal Bottle: Industrial & Scientific to degrease the intake

Unfortunately I can't replace the intake manifold on the Hoe until I get my other trucks back from my buddys shop(getting bigger turbos installed):gr_grin:

View attachment 84126

View attachment 84127

View attachment 84128

View attachment 84129
That thing didn't clean itself on the way over there? LOL at least I got the gas out of it I think!

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing didn't clean itself on the way over there? LOL at least I got the gas out of it I think!

I didn't smell any gas but I did unwrap it without gloves like a dumb ass lol...she'll be good as new after a nice 24 hour bubble bath:D

I also bought new bolts Amazon.com: APDTY 112685 Set Of 10 Brand New Factory OEM Intake Manifold Bolt & Grommet Set Fits 4.8L, 5.3L, or 6.0L Engine Found On 1999-2007 Escalade Avalanche Silverado 1500 2500 3500 Suburban Tahoe Trailblazer Express Van Denli Envoy Sierra Pickup Savana Yukon: Automotive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645