My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a black z71 for sale at a nearby dealer........ Just saying.... :)

Used car dealers are a bunch of crooked thieves! I refuse to pay for their coke habit lol...I have a $10k bill burning a hole in my pocket. Something nice has to go up for sale soon

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Used car dealers are a bunch of crooked thieves! I refuse to pay for their coke habit lol...I have a $10k bill burning a hole in my pocket. Something nice has to go up for sale soon
I def feel ya! Just looking at private sales then?

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I def feel ya! Just looking at private sales then?

That's pretty much what I've been doing lately on numerous car sites

Update: I gotta text earlier today from the house mechanic stating he got the Hoe up and running again :eek:...just when I thought I would have to start all over again with a new project, I finally get some good news!

Turns out the new ac delco intake manifold I installed had a hair line crack and a vacuum leak...looks like I will be replacing the intake, gaskets, knock sensors and maybe a new throttle body while it's all apart. If that doesn't resolve the problem...in the f'n oven it goes! lol

Also ran into a forum member who recognized the Hoe with a beautiful black Denali slammed down to the ground today...I apologize I couldn't stay and chat but I had to drive my buddy home who was running late for his shift. Nice rig brother:waytogo:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could be some good news with the crack and leak. Good find. You could always trade up.....for that Escalade or Z71. :)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Don't rush the buy. Have patients and the right one will find you. Trust me on this. We want you back on here asap but we also want you back on here with the best ride you can find, the love at first site ride.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could be some good news with the crack and leak. Good find. You could always trade up.....for that Escalade or Z71. :)

I agree it's good news but it was a little disheartening when I got the text, I had my mind set on an Escalade and already had my Amazon cart full of goodies after reading through @95escahoe build thread :rolleyes:

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't rush the buy. Have patients and the right one will find you. Trust me on this. We want you back on here asap but we also want you back on here with the best ride you can find, the love at first site ride.

I can honestly say I'm a hell of a lot more knowledgeable when it comes to buying a used NBS thanks to this forum... although I'm still bringing my buddy who is a mechanic so I don't wind up with another headache

Supposed to go check out an '03 Escalade today...we're having an open house from 1-4 so it's the perfect opportunity to sneak away from my wife today lol

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I went to look at the Escalade today and it was in a little rougher condition than the seller described...it's a 2003 with 130k miles and he was asking $5k, after continuous bickering with the hard headed(clueless) seller I managed to pick her up for $2900

It will most likely cost me roughly around $1200(full tune up) to get her up to spec, I brought my OBD2 scanner with me and the only code I was able to pull was a bad 02 sensor, the rear rotors and pads are shot but I still have a full set of power stop drilled and slotted rotors with calipers, pads and stainless steel brake hoses in the box I can install... at the end of the day, an NBS Escalade in almost mint condition for under $3k is a score in my book

I'll post some pics tomorrow after I get home from work. On another note...we received 13 full cash offers on the house today! :D

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Update: I went to look at the Escalade today and it was in a little rougher condition than the seller described...it's a 2003 with 130k miles and he was asking $5k, after continuous bickering with the hard headed(clueless) seller I managed to pick her up for $2900

It will most likely cost me roughly around $1200(full tune up) to get her up to spec, I brought my OBD2 scanner with me and the only code I was able to pull was a bad 02 sensor, the rear rotors and pads are shot but I still have a full set of power stop drilled and slotted rotors with calipers, pads and stainless steel brake hoses in the box I can install... at the end of the day, an NBS Escalade in almost mint condition for under $3k is a score in my book

I'll post some pics tomorrow after I get home from work. On another note...we received 13 full cash offers on the house today! :D
On standby for pics! Also have been eying some nbs eskys but thats currently on hold for now becuz I'm on the other end of the house deal, trying to get one in this crazy fast market, first 6 that i looked at were in contract within only days of being on the market and before i could even get there to look.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar