MSD coil! 8226

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a couple components for the MSD ignition like stated before. Those numbers are the part number... and est

You can get electric fans to help mpgs, throttle response, colder AC and much much more...

what about throttle body spacers? are those any help? and is that something that can be done without any other upgrades? like i can just plau n play or would i have to do further upgrading for it to help?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Ive never used a tb spacer, i heard ups and downs about them.

The ignition stuff is all plug and play DIY

the fans are not unless you have a new tahoe/yukon. You can buy kits for these trucks but require some wiring and such..

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Well where are you trying to go with your engine? Looks like your in the same boat as me, I am keeping mine pretty much stock and just keeping it in its best running shape.

My MSD Ignition consists of a MSD dizzy, and yes they do sell cap and rotors for our dizzys), MSD Ignition coil and MSD 8.5 wires. The 6AL ox is a waste unless you will be doing a heavily modified engine. Also running a Dyna-Mod Ignition module, stock one is crap depending on what model if you have.
Read here, post #7 onward:
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums...95-obd-i-ecm-pcm/348669-ignition-upgrade.html

Pump 87, you wont see ant or much of a benefit from running higher, these engines were designed to run on 87. I know some guys who have modified engines along with a tune and they do require the need of quality petro. I am also using Mobil 1 Synthetic, 5W30 along with a Mobil 1 filter and change it out every 4000K.

I Love my TB and injector spacers, installed these two together and noticed the increased throttle response right away. Both are easy installs. I would go ahead and do the "ultimate tbi mods" while you are installing these.
http://tbichips.com/ultimateMODS.htm

The fuel injectors are suppose to run around 12psi for optimum performance. But it is known the from the factory psi varied from 9-12psi, Easy way to correct this is to install a fuel pressure regulator and a gauge to monitor it I purchased a new injector assembly with injectors because mine were not looking to hot. With these new ones I have nice cone shape spray and I know the engine is getting enough fuel.

Next step after this for me, new exhaust system. Edelbrock TES headers and y pipe, Magnaflow cat and muffler. After that, electric fans and water pump and I am done.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Hey haks, whered you get this 'Dyna-Mod Ignition module" at and how much? i was reading some of that post on FSC, pretty interested crap~!

nevermind. i found it, 8 pin
http://www.performancedistributors.com/modules.htm

Did you notice anything on this *****?> did you buy yours brand new from this place? i want one, i seem convinced lol!

Last edited:

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Bought it brand new from there.

Engine pulls way more! Torque curve is much better at mid to higher RPMs

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
That's sweet. Worth the 65 bucks?? Hmmm you just gave me a new item to buy : ) the cold air intake deff added some, I'm hoping that would make it pull more on the freeway. Lol

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Definitely.

I PMed, Volant1 a lil while ago about the CAI so hopefully I get response soon and get the ball rolling on that.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
That's cool. I bought mine used and got all new parts for it from him. Saved me over 200 bucks.. I'm going to being buying another volant and for brothers silverado for a bday present bcuz I was pretty impressed and he just has an exhaust on his truck now. It'll help him out more.

But I've been getting more involved in the motor lately. My interior will be done next year in school and the outside is already done with so that's good. I've seen those 8pins beofre, but never like thought it could give a good torque gain ya know. If I get some extra cash, ill dump one asap for that dyna..

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
i like my msd system. I have coil. 8.5 wires. Billet aluminum distributor. And i love them. I want to pick up the control box but ran out of money with my engine build. :( lol . But i to am running the e3s.

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need to check this more often, i feel like i just missed out on hella information lol thanks guys, and for haks310 i am also just looking to leave it stock but do as much small upgrades i can to keep it running strong and clean.
maybe years from now i will drop a 454. maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts