2001 Tahoe Radio Volume Not Adjusting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder53

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just picked up a 01 Tahoe 3 days ago.

She has 241K on her, almost 242K, and aside from some wear here and there it’s in absolutely mint condition. Love everything about it. Fully loaded too.

The guy i bought it from told me that a fuse blew for the radio which is why the speakers don’t work and i can’t adjust the volume, so i just wanted to ask here and see if i could get pointed in the right direction. Thank you.

OP
OP
T

TheEnder53

Reaction score
Forgot to add - The radio powers on just fine. Everything appears to work good but if i try to adjust the volume using the knob it does absolutely nothing.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

29tomt

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just picked up a 01 Tahoe 3 days ago.

She has 241K on her, almost 242K, and aside from some wear here and there it’s in absolutely mint condition. Love everything about it. Fully loaded too.

The guy i bought it from told me that a fuse blew for the radio which is why the speakers don’t work and i can’t adjust the volume, so i just wanted to ask here and see if i could get pointed in the right direction. Thank you.
Are you getting a chime when you do not put on seat belts, leave key in ignition getting out, lights on, etc? If not, you most likely have same problem that I have and others have had for which I have not seen a specific fix. Mine started out with what you are experiencing and all of a sudden, the radio would start playing. I soon learned that the radio would work when it was hot outside. As time went on it had to be hotter and hotter. This year it was over 100 in the car when it worked once. I tried replacing the amp to no avail and checked fuses under hood and on side of dash. Chimes go thru the radio. Assuming you have a bose of course. You will get general answers like check fuses and grounds, but there is something specific about all of those Bose Tahoe factor radios of that era that did this same thing after a while. I gave up and just decided to listen to Simply Radio app on my Iphone or XM. The head lights up. Replacing it would have gotten into security codes, the dealer, etc.

29tomt

Reaction score
I am referring to my 2003 Tahoe and probably the 2000-2006 range of Tahoes.

OP
OP
T

TheEnder53

Reaction score
Are you getting a chime when you do not put on seat belts, leave key in ignition getting out, lights on, etc? If not, you most likely have same problem that I have and others have had for which I have not seen a specific fix. Mine started out with what you are experiencing and all of a sudden, the radio would start playing. I soon learned that the radio would work when it was hot outside. As time went on it had to be hotter and hotter. This year it was over 100 in the car when it worked once. I tried replacing the amp to no avail and checked fuses under hood and on side of dash. Chimes go thru the radio. Assuming you have a bose of course. You will get general answers like check fuses and grounds, but there is something specific about all of those Bose Tahoe factor radios of that era that did this same thing after a while. I gave up and just decided to listen to Simply Radio app on my Iphone or XM. The head lights up. Replacing it would have gotten into security codes, the dealer, etc.

I do not think the 01 Tahoes came with bose radios as an option, haha.

The chimes work fine, no issues there.

OP
OP
T

TheEnder53

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it! Apologies for not responding sooner, been quite busy these past few days. Here’s some pics of the ol girl. I plan on doing a full restoration soon as i’ve wanted one of these for a VERY long time.

Attachments

• IMG_8114.jpeg
    IMG_8114.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8113.jpeg
    IMG_8113.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM